Save big + get 3 months free! Sign up for ExpressVPN today

I have searched and cant find an answer to this. I am using HTC M9 and using custom themes. Some themes show a custom dialer, most of the time it is just a cool color. When I apply the theme, all aspects of the theme get applied except for the dialer. It stays basic default white.

Since that didn't work, I went to themes.htc.com and made my own. Published it, downloaded to my phone via the themes app and applied. Again all aspects applied except the dialer I made.

I contacted HTC support and they have no answers. I've searched online, I've found no answers.

I have seen in some walk throughs that if you go to Settings > Personalize > Dialer Color, you can change it there. SO I tried that, still nothing, only option is default.

Please someone HELP!
    09-03-2015 05:13 PM
    I have searched and cant find an answer to this. I am using HTC M9 and using custom themes. Some themes show a custom dialer, most of the time it is just a cool color. When I apply the theme, all aspects of the theme get applied except for the dialer. It stays basic default white.

Since that didn't work, I went to themes.htc.com and made my own. Published it, downloaded to my phone via the themes app and applied. Again all aspects applied except the dialer I made.

I contacted HTC support and they have no answers. I've searched online, I've found no answers.

I have seen in some walk throughs that if you go to Settings > Personalize > Dialer Color, you can change it there. SO I tried that, still nothing, only option is default.

Please someone HELP!
    Honestly this is a first for me. I've not heard about that happening. I'll play around with mine to see if I can replicate.
    09-03-2015 06:05 PM
    I've got the same problem . Everything changes but the phone dialer .

Posted via the Android Central App
    09-09-2015 08:48 AM
    I went under personalize settings and keyboard color and it let me change mine .

09-09-2015 10:48 AM
    I changed mine under personalize, change or edit theme, current, Icons (HTC default icons). It lets you customize a lot of things. That's how I changed the original blue color of the phone and messaging icons to the green.
    09-15-2015 04:35 PM
    I went under personalize settings and keyboard color and it let me change mine .

Please post a pic of this. I dont see it.
    09-16-2015 08:27 AM
    Please post a pic of this. I dont see it.
    Attached Thumbnails How can I change my HTC Dialer Themes?-28000.jpg  
    09-16-2015 10:28 AM
    For example if this keyboard was a part of my theme that's currently applied, I could toggle between it and the default HTC keyboard..

Attached Thumbnails How can I change my HTC Dialer Themes?-28002.jpg  
    09-16-2015 10:33 AM
    I was wondering if there was ever a solution found for this? I am having the same problem. I just got the phone yesterday (upgrade from a M7) and I can't for the life of me figure out how to change the dial pad from white. I have tried applying themes, making my own, and going though the settings. Regardless of what I do, I can't get the dialer, nor the keyboard to change from white. Any help out there? Carrier is Bell if that makes any kind of a difference.
    11-25-2015 04:45 PM
    Frustrating. Just upgraded from Lollipop to Marshmallow. Phone dialer and keyboard are BRIGHT friggin white. I am old, my eyes can't take it. Can I down grade back to Lolipop? I would prefer an old flip phone I can see! What a nightmare. I don't want to spend all day figuring out how to make it passive gray. If I turn down the brightness I can't see anything else. Who designs this stuff!? Looks like there is no one with any answers. Ready to throw in the towel.
    02-09-2016 05:27 PM
    Answering my own question here. Couldn't take shining a flashlight into my eyes. Wasted some time. Changed theme (under Personalize) to something called Tilt. Then I had to go back and take the theme off icons and some other stuff (back to default). Now my texts are white text in a black box with a white background that I can't seem to get rid of. Oh well. Now I can look at the dialer and keyboard without a 10 minute side effect of persistence of vision. Was unbearable at night. YMMV Good Luck!
    mfreeland likes this.
    02-10-2016 02:48 PM
    Answering my own question here. Couldn't take shining a flashlight into my eyes. Wasted some time. Changed theme (under Personalize) to something called Tilt. Then I had to go back and take the theme off icons and some other stuff (back to default). Now my texts are white text in a black box with a white background that I can't seem to get rid of. Oh well. Now I can look at the dialer and keyboard without a 10 minute side effect of persistence of vision. Was unbearable at night. YMMV Good Luck!
    Just followed your suggestions and it looks so much better! Thanks!
    02-10-2016 03:46 PM
    Just followed your suggestions and it looks so much better! Thanks!
    Went to App Store searched dialer app went to colour theme diallers chose red & black problem fixed. Go to settings>personalise scroll down to bottom for phone dialer colour - select theme
    07-29-2016 12:29 AM

Please someone HELP!
    probably it is not applicable for your phone
    Even didn't use to work on my m7
    01-27-2017 04:20 AM