HTC One M9 v. Galaxy S6

michaelp68

Mar 24, 2011
Visit site
I'm looking for some input, please.

I have the HTC One M9 on Verizon. I like it a lot. But I'm VERY annoyed with the power button location, and even with the passage of time, I can't seem to stop inadvertently turning the device on or off.

I'm considering switching to the S6. I'm only considering it at this point.

I'd really appreciate input from anyone who has owned/used both.

trsbbs

Mar 12, 2015
Visit site
I don't like where they put it either, but wouldn't consider swapping it for a laggy TouchWiz phone.

freddyttt

Jul 9, 2010
Visit site
Ill give you my thoughts-

I gave up on HTC when they introduced the M9-. I was and still am so disapointed in HTC-. my last 4-5 phones were all HTC. its all iv'e known-

I picked up a note 4 and was in love, htc who!!!.

fast forward 6 months later and i almost HATE my note 4. it's a perfect size and the camera is awsome. untill it takes 4 or 5 sec. to open it. this thing lags and lags and lags some more-. all the rumors iv'e read about are true-. anyone who thinks differently have never used an HTC phone.... since i pay cash for my phones im stuck in a holding pattern waiting for htc to step up and give us or me what i want. i'll never own another samsung phone.

HTC phones work and do everything you throw at it. even a year later-.

msm0511

Trusted Member
Aug 23, 2014
Visit site
I got the HTC Clear Shield case for my M9. It made it more difficult to press the power button. After using it for a few weeks I was able to take the case off and never accidentally pressed it again.
My thoughts on Samsung are don't do it. Samsung devices sound like a great idea at first, but over time you'll pay for it. After a few months they start slowing down and having problems with stuttering and lag. I read all these posts in the Samsung forums about people never having one bit of lag. The only thing I can think of is that all they've ever used are Samsung so they don't realize the lag is there. HTC phones run buttery smooth for much longer. Just my .02

Aug 9, 2015
Visit site
Don't do it. I first had actually purchased the Galaxy S6 Edge 3 months ago (on a plan) and loved it...until it started freezing on me overnight, even after factory reset and disabling updates. The CPU would be stuck at 100%, the phone completely unresponsive until I did the 3-button-resuscitation. Happened about 4 to 5 times a week, starting after the first few weeks that I owned it. Unacceptable. I had owned an HTC a while back and remembered that it never had any such hardware issues so went back in to T-Mobile, threatened to go to another vendor and they then graciously let me swap to HTC (one of the store employees had actually confided to me previously that she was actually afraid to sell the Galaxy S6 Edge due to them freezing...she told me that previously when I went in for other business...before mine started freezing).
And anyhow my HTC M9 has worked beautifully...all except night time shots for the camera is my only complaint. I would not let the placement of a power button be the decision maker. It doesn't matter where the power button is if the phone (S6) won't even stay on in the first place.

Last edited:

JasonGallagher

Jun 18, 2015
Visit site
Only get the Samsung if your TOP priority is the absolute best camera. If you're OK with good pics, but not amazing pics, get the HTC.

I've used both and prefer the HTC, but alas we're in an HTC forum so you'll prob hear a lot of that here ;)

As to what I prefer:

- Call quality...not sure what the difference is with cellular radios but the Samsung doesn't perform well in my low coverage area, the HTC does. Motorola and BB also work well, something with the Samsung just sucks in low coverage areas.

- UI...as you'll read everywhere, Sense is fluid and clean, Touchwiz is a little better than it was but still crap, and supposedly gets really laggy over time.

- Speakers...simply the best in class. I watch, listen, and share a lot of media on my phone and it makes the experience so much better. If you don't, or when you do you're always plugged in or bluetooth'd to headphones/external speakers, perhaps this isn't a big sell. It absolutely is for me.

Battery is meh on both, I've heard the HTC is a little better. Samsung screen is better, and has extras like fingerprint reader and heart rate monitor if you're into that, I'm not so much. HTC screen at 1080p is good enough for me. HTC has external SD if you use it, I do, but some could care less.

Happy choosing!

Posted via the Android Central App

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
johndoe11