Ready to ditch my S5 in favor of the M9. We're with the "uncarrier". Do you guys think the price will come down soon?
    09-06-2015 09:49 PM
    You'd be better served by getting a gs6

Posted via the Android Central App
    09-08-2015 01:11 AM
    I just got an M9 last month from swappa.com and love it (my last three phones were from swappa). I think the M9 reviews were too harsh. So what if there are many design similarities to the preceding M7 and M8 (ever hear of iPhone?)!

But...think about how you use your phone. If I want a rugged phone with long-lasting battery (for when I'm outside), I use my Moto Maxx. Around town, it's the M9. And given that I'm not a photographer, the pics look great to me. And I've had no problems with the Snapdragon 810.
    09-08-2015 03:18 AM
    I received a mailer from Sprint that I can now lease the M9 (still have an M7) for free. So that's a big price drop for me. Only problem is the Sprint data network in the DFW area sucks. I am dropping Sprint like a hot potato next month. But I mention this because at least Sprint is offering a reduction in price. Even though free isn't good enough for me to stay with them.
    guriausa and asnigro like this.
    09-08-2015 04:27 PM
    I received a mailer from Sprint that I can now lease the M9 (still have an M7) for free. So that's a big price drop for me. Only problem is the Sprint data network in the DFW area sucks. I am dropping Sprint like a hot potato next month. But I mention this because at least Sprint is offering a reduction in price. Even though free isn't good enough for me to stay with them.
    I don't get the appeal of leasing phones. It's like leasing a car or house. At the end of the day you have nothing to show for it and you better keep it in great condition if you want to get out of it without owing money at the end.

09-08-2015 04:38 PM
    I see your point. However, I tend to be ready to move on after one year or less with a phone and the technology advances so quickly. I would never lease a car, however leasing phones seems to work for me.
    09-09-2015 10:52 AM
    Maybe there's hope a price drop is coming for T-mobile.
    09-09-2015 10:53 AM
    I've only had galaxys until now. After researching quite a bit, I'm pretty much done with them. Especially with no sd slot or removable battery.
    09-09-2015 10:55 AM
    The LTE radio on the M9 is much better than on the M7 and reception/signal is much better. Sure, it matters where you live, and trying one out may sway you. Wife is leasing the M9 for free from Sprint. She had M7, and this is a MUCH better phone, better camera, better phone, better battery especially, better experience. First time we have leased a phone, but the price is right (free).
    09-10-2015 04:17 PM
    I just upgrade with a 2yr contract so I don't have to pay for a phone monthly.

09-10-2015 11:55 PM
    Probably too little too late for me. Im still on the M7, now I will probably wait until the next Nexus comes and then pay full price versus extend my service with crappy sprint data in Milwaukee for another 2 years.
    ram1220 likes this.
    09-11-2015 02:54 PM
    The LTE radio on the M9 is much better than on the M7 and reception/signal is much better. Sure, it matters where you live, and trying one out may sway you. Wife is leasing the M9 for free from Sprint. She had M7, and this is a MUCH better phone, better camera, better phone, better battery especially, better experience. First time we have leased a phone, but the price is right (free).

That's great for you and your wife. But I am not willing to take another 2 year gamble with Sprint.
    09-11-2015 03:12 PM
    You'd be better served by getting a gs6

Wow, I just found this thread after all these years. I ended up getting the S6 which was actually WORSE than the S5. Fortunately Samsung redeemed themselves with the S7 which I eventually got. I have since had the Note 8 (too big for my taste) and just recently got the S10. S20 is too expensive and I am not desperate for 5G.
    07-12-2020 05:00 PM