Hi, I've noticed a litte problem this morning. I was trying to listen to music as usual using the orginal headphones that came with the M9, however it did not detect it and the sound played through speakers instead. So I tried them in three different phones and they worked just fine, so then I thought it was the jack socket, but I tested two different headphone (Phone and computer) and by some miracle both worked. So now I'm seriously confused whose fault is it? The headphones or the socket?
    I managed to get the headphones working on the M9 for about 20 seconds before they stopped working again, I did it by pressing harder and fiddling with the cable, but now it won't work at all, despite the other headphones working just fine.
    12-01-2015 03:09 PM
    Hi, I've noticed a litte problem this morning. I was trying to listen to music as usual using the orginal headphones that came with the M9, however it did not detect it and the sound played through speakers instead. So I tried them in three different phones and they worked just fine, so then I thought it was the jack socket, but I tested two different headphone (Phone and computer) and by some miracle both worked. So now I'm seriously confused whose fault is it? The headphones or the socket?
    I managed to get the headphones working on the M9 for about 20 seconds before they stopped working again, I did it by pressing harder and fiddling with the cable, but now it won't work at all, despite the other headphones working just fine.
    If other earphones worked, then it is your stock earphones. Probably worn out or shorted at the jack. Don't mess with "pressing harder", all you will do is possibly wreck the jack on the inside of the phone. Either solder a new jack on them or throw them away and get some better earphones....
    12-02-2015 11:18 PM
    Alright I managed to get a copy of new ones and they work, but they're not original. Any idea where I can buy genuine ones?
    Also when I hold the button on my headphones it will turn on some google search, is there a way to turn off this? I would like to use hold to increase/decrease volume with an app, but it won't override this google voice search.
    12-08-2015 10:18 AM
    Alright I managed to get a copy of new ones and they work, but they're not original. Any idea where I can buy genuine ones?
    Also when I hold the button on my headphones it will turn on some google search, is there a way to turn off this? I would like to use hold to increase/decrease volume with an app, but it won't override this google voice search.
    Not sure how to switch the google search thing, but OEM earphones are all over eBay from $1-7...
    Original Black HTC Earphones Headphones Mic for HTC One M8 M9 Desire 3 5mm | eBay
    12-08-2015 12:29 PM