HTC one M9 loud speaker activating when making and receiving a call

Gazza Lord

Jul 24, 2013
Visit site
HI guys. this is my first HTC and everything was going great. i bought a dot matrix case for it and everything worked great. now sometimes when i make or receive a call the loud speaker activates automatically. it does it most of the time not with every outgoing / incoming call. i have trawled a few forums and people are saying it could be to do with google chrome and to uninstall it but i can't see how or where to uninstall it on the M9. has anyone else come across this problem and know of a way to fix it?

ps i have taken the dot matrix cover off and it is still doing it.

fernandezhjr

Mar 26, 2011
Visit site
How long have you had your phone? Do you carry it in your pocket? I had this happening to me before, along with a couple of other quirks, and it turned out to be some lint in the charging/USB port. When I looked in to the port, I couldn't see anything, but I got a sewing pin and plastic toothpick and was able to scrape and dig a bit of lint out of it. The lint gets smashed to the bottom of the port and jams the pins that put the phone in dock mode.

Gazza Lord

Jul 24, 2013
Visit site
hi mate, I found the problem to be google chrome of all things! i uninstalled and disabled it and installed chrome beta and the problem has gone.

fernandezhjr

Mar 26, 2011
Visit site
Good. I don't use Chrome because it is a horrible browser, at least on Android. And the fact that it can interfere with calls only proves it.

Members online

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ParkerAdams