So far I can already say that I am liking this update. No problems so far with a straight OTA update. No factory reset needed so far. Hope to see more in depth reviews! The Nexus 9 became a dream after this update!

Digitally assigned space taken up by my Chromebook, M9 or N9 <(•.•)>
    Attached Thumbnails The M9 has Marshmallow!-86328.jpg  
    12-23-2015 01:51 PM
    Carrier?
    12-23-2015 02:19 PM
    I just got it. I'm on AT&T but my M9 is the Developer model so the update is from HTC; not the carrier.
    12-23-2015 03:30 PM
    The A9 is scheduled to get 6.0.1 and the unlocked version of the M9 is supposed to get 6.0 today.
    Carrier versions are still waiting.
    12-23-2015 04:31 PM
    Carrier?
    Mine is a US Dev Edition.

12-23-2015 07:34 PM
    Carrier versions aren't available until next year in January.

Posted via the Android Central App
    12-23-2015 09:38 PM
    My wife's one M9 has Facebook not working and constantly giving error messages after the update. I uninstalled it and reinstalled. Will see if that resolves.

12-23-2015 09:38 PM
    My wife's one M9 has Facebook not working and constantly giving error messages after the update. I uninstalled it and reinstalled. Will see if that resolves.

Yup, that did the trick.

12-23-2015 09:45 PM
    The only issue I've had is that, it deleted my playlists due to the new memory management system. My playlists that I made in PowerAmp are no longer there. It says 0 songs in all lists. Other than that, I'm liking every bit of MM so far!

12-24-2015 05:41 AM
    Yep...all of my Poweramp playlists got wiped too!
    12-28-2015 04:38 PM
    Smoothsync for Calender and Contacts stopped working as well.

12-28-2015 04:43 PM
    I guess now we wait for the app devs to squash the compatibility bugs for the new storage management system.

12-29-2015 01:40 PM
    I will have to check for it. I actually dumped Android...again. I got tired of my M9 crashing, locking up, overheating, and generally lack luster performance. My daughter uses it now without a SIM.
    12-30-2015 04:21 PM
    I will have to check for it. I actually dumped Android...again. I got tired of my M9 crashing, locking up, overheating, and generally lack luster performance. My daughter uses it now without a SIM.
    I've had my M9 since April and it hasn't crashed, locked up or had lacklustre performance at all. It used to overheat but doesn't anymore after several firmware updates. I still have some issues with the phone but your post just comes across as FUD to be honest. Fact is IOS 9 has had all the issues you are complaining about since it launched so the grass isn't always greener on the other side.

12-31-2015 06:58 AM
    For some reason, I still haven't got it...

12-31-2015 09:51 AM
    For some reason, I still haven't got it...

So far the international unlocked version and i think developer are the only ones getting it. Plus all updates always roll out in waves.

If you have a carrier branded phone none of them have been approved yet.
    12-31-2015 12:21 PM
    Has marshmallow had any effect on battery life? I have only had this phone for a few days so far but it is not even close to making it through a day.
    12-31-2015 01:10 PM
    Has marshmallow had any effect on battery life? I have only had this phone for a few days so far but it is not even close to making it through a day.
    To be honest, I have noticed only a slight improvement in battery life after the 6.0 update. I never had much of an issue getting through the day before though.

12-31-2015 01:47 PM
    I've had my M9 since April and it hasn't crashed, locked up or had lacklustre performance at all. It used to overheat but doesn't anymore after several firmware updates. I still have some issues with the phone but your post just comes across as FUD to be honest. Fact is IOS 9 has had all the issues you are complaining about since it launched so the grass isn't always greener on the other side.

Actually, I'm on iOS 9.2 and I haven't had my phone lockup, crash, or over heat. Battery life is also really good. I'm not an Apple fanboy by any stretch of the imagination. The only Apple products in our house are four iPods and my iPhone. I have NO intention of getting a Mac or Apple TV or any of Apple's other products. My wife's phone is a Galaxy S5 and she has a Surface Book. My daughter seems to be the Android fan. She specifically said she did NOT want an iPad (which I was pleased to hear).

I actually think Windows is the superior OS. It's smooth, easy to use, customizable, and I could do things that neither iOS or Android didn't (and still doesn't).

The biggest problem with Windows Mobile OS is the lack of app support. When Microsoft figures out how to get developers on board with W10M, then I'll probably go back. Until then, I'll be happy with my iPhone 6s Plus...which by the way, works better with my Surface Pro 3 and HP desktop better than Android does. Oh, and I haven't abandoned Android completely, I still have a Galaxy Tab S2 (Nook edition); which I like.

Btw, my M9 is Verizon. When is Verizon expected to push out the update?
    12-31-2015 03:43 PM
    Actually, I'm on iOS 9.2 and I haven't had my phone lockup, crash, or over heat. Battery life is also really good. I'm not an Apple fanboy by any stretch of the imagination. The only Apple products in our house are four iPods and my iPhone. I have NO intention of getting a Mac or Apple TV or any of Apple's other products. My wife's phone is a Galaxy S5 and she has a Surface Book. My daughter seems to be the Android fan. She specifically said she did NOT want an iPad (which I was pleased to hear).

I actually think Windows is the superior OS. It's smooth, easy to use, customizable, and I could do things that neither iOS or Android didn't (and still doesn't).

The biggest problem with Windows Mobile OS is the lack of app support. When Microsoft figures out how to get developers on board with W10M, then I'll probably go back. Until then, I'll be happy with my iPhone 6s Plus...which by the way, works better with my Surface Pro 3 and HP desktop better than Android does. Oh, and I haven't abandoned Android completely, I still have a Galaxy Tab S2 (Nook edition); which I like.

Btw, my M9 is Verizon. When is Verizon expected to push out the update?
    Right. You are on 9.2. I am talking about 9.0. It took Apple a few updates to sort things out. Your are right about Windows mobile. They are dying a painful death. I would actually be interested as well if their app support wasn't so poor. IOS should run smooth since it isn't being very taxed to really do anything. That works for most people because they don't utilize the full power of a smartphone and mostly use it for texting, media consumption and social media. A comparable iPhone to what I have now in Android would cost $1,400 in my country (iPhone 6S+ 128GB) so I would never pay that much for a phone. If I lived in the US, where prices are more similar across flagship devices, things may be different. That said, I am a tinkerer and like the customization to suit how to use my phone and not staring at a sea of icons. I just think the Apple "it just works" has been overstated since IOS 7. Since then their software has actually been quite buggy.
    01-01-2016 09:22 AM