This happened 2 days ago while taking a video. My phone didn't take any damage or fall. While taking a photo it said SD card was unmounted and stopped shooting. I tried SD card with another phone and it worked perfect however the video was corrupted I think. What do you suggest? I tried restarting phone bunch of times.
    01-09-2016 08:55 AM
    Welcome to Android Central! The card is probably either corrupt or counterfeit. A counterfeit card is one that is smaller capacity, but programmed to report a larger capacity. It works fine until you exceed the true capacity, after which things start to be glitchy with the data on it. Use SD Insight to check if your card is valid.

If the card is valid, then unmount it (in Settings>Storage), remove it, and insert it into your computer. Run chkdsk to look for bad sectors: http://forums.androidcentral.com/amb...d-sd-card.html
    01-09-2016 06:14 PM
    My phone is doing the same thing, but with two sd cards now. They work in my computer and my tablet but not my phone. I took my phone to Sprint and they said it was because my card wasn't fast enough, even though they're both class 10. I'm glad I'm not the only one this is happening to, it's twice now in 2 months.
    09-07-2016 09:30 AM
    Also, I used the SD Insight app which told me the card is valid, and I did the chkdsk and both are fine. But my phone still acts like there's not an SD card installed. I'd rather not buy a third card since I'm fairly sure this will happen again. Is there any further info on this?
    09-07-2016 09:44 AM
    Also, I used the SD Insight app which told me the card is valid, and I did the chkdsk and both are fine. But my phone still acts like there's not an SD card installed. I'd rather not buy a third card since I'm fairly sure this will happen again. Is there any further info on this?
    Can you make any changes in your SD card? Deleting or adding a file to it? In my case I couldn't change a single thing in SD card, it was in self-protect mod and frozen. My laptop could see what was in it but couldn't make any changes.
    09-08-2016 02:40 PM