I've been using BlackBerry 10 phones for an long time. Tried various Android phones including nexus 6p, OnePlus X and Priv. Didn't like anybody them as I miss my bb10 OS too much.

My main requirements are phone, text, email with instant push for all accounts including iCloud, browsing

Android in general is not that refined as bb10. I end up looking for apps for everything that I could do on my BlackBerry out of the box

Now I'm trying to figure out whether HTC sense 7 would make my android experience any better

Other choice is lumia 950. - in Don like the Windows OS even though there is an issue with lack of apps

Any comments or pros and cons?
    01-20-2016 01:16 AM
    I really believe the M9 is a no brainer, here =)
    01-20-2016 08:44 AM
    M9. I also left the BB camp.
    TwitchyPuppy likes this.
    01-20-2016 09:32 AM
    M9. I also left the BB camp.
    Thanks for your reply - how's the m9 for emails? That's one of the main concerns for me on android. Does it have its own email client? Do they get pushed to the device as quickly as BB10?

Also how's M9 as a phone - in terms of proximity sensor and signal reception - some of the devices like Oneplus X has issues with those. With BB10, I never had a problem. Any comments from a former BB user like yourself would help me a lot.
    01-20-2016 12:42 PM
    I have both. The Lumia 950 is the phone provided for me by my job, but I own an m9. The M9 is my daily driver, for the fact it has IR for my TV.
    01-20-2016 02:03 PM
    Long time BB and WP lover here... Most people here are going to tell you to go with the M9, but if you weren't happy with the Nexus 6p or the Priv, I don't think there will be anything about the M9 that's going to change that. I'm not all that enamored with Android myself, but the lack of a compelling option on the WP side for a long time finally drove me here. I have a G4, GFlex2, and M9 right now, and while they do everything I need well enough, I'm just not that excited about any of them, and there are a lot of things I miss from WP.

Given your requirements (just need good basics, don't care about fewer apps, don't like Android), it sounds like you're a perfect candidate to go Windows Phone. However, as much as I'd like to tell you the 950 & 950xl are ready, they aren't. If you saw the internal list of bug fixes and the issues still present at launch, you'd be wiping the drink you just sprayed from your monitor screen. They're still plenty usable, but there's a lot of wonk between W10 and the device firmware. One thought... Have you considered maybe picking up a decent last-gen high-end Windows Phone (Lumia 1520 or HTC One M8 for Windows) and seeing how you like it? It's an inexpensive option and a great way to wade into Windows Phone without dropping $500-600.
    donkiluminate likes this.
    01-26-2016 11:56 AM
    Long time BB and WP lover here... Most people here are going to tell you to go with the M9, but if you weren't happy with the Nexus 6p or the Priv, I don't think there will be anything about the M9 that's going to change that. I'm not all that enamored with Android myself, but the lack of a compelling option on the WP side for a long time finally drove me here. I have a G4, GFlex2, and M9 right now, and while they do everything I need well enough, I'm just not that excited about any of them, and there are a lot of things I miss from WP.

Given your requirements (just need good basics, don't care about fewer apps, don't like Android), it sounds like you're a perfect candidate to go Windows Phone. However, as much as I'd like to tell you the 950 & 950xl are ready, they aren't. If you saw the internal list of bug fixes and the issues still present at launch, you'd be wiping the drink you just sprayed from your monitor screen. They're still plenty usable, but there's a lot of wonk between W10 and the device firmware. One thought... Have you considered maybe picking up a decent last-gen high-end Windows Phone (Lumia 1520 or HTC One M8 for Windows) and seeing how you like it? It's an inexpensive option and a great way to wade into Windows Phone without dropping $500-600.
    I did buy the Lumia 950 last week and it's a great device but having a lot of issues with W10 OS like you've said.
    Basic things are not smooth like browsing , dropbox and cloud integration with file manager, playing radio station on the browser etc. These see the deal breakers for me. If they can improve Microsoft edge for browsing and media consumption I'll keep the device. But for now I'm returning it .

Bought a brand new HTC M9 for about $375 Canadian and setting it up right now. Lots of system updates and I'm finally on marshmallow. Will provide a feedback after a few days of use
    01-26-2016 02:06 PM