A few days ago, inexplicably, I noticed I wasn't receiving the normal volume of push notifications, ie gmail, Twitter etc. I had changed nothing on my M9. After uninstalling and then reinstalling, some apps began to work again. However, gmail is not working and I have already begun to miss the timing of some very important emails.

I have since uninstalled both the gmail app and Google itself from my phone but no fix. I have compared settings between my M9 and my Tab S2 and they are the same.

Does anyone have a solution for me? Many thanks!

Posted from my M9
    01-21-2016 04:54 PM
    Are you having issues over WiFi or cellular network?
    I own a M8, M9, Note 3 and Note 4 and sometimes on WiFi i noticed issues with delayed notifications. Mainly on my Note 4.
    I never had issues on Cellular but did find on some occasions, about 6 months ago, IPv6 would cause me to get delayed info, changing my APN to have IPv4 fixed that issue.
    Problem is all of this was so sporadic it could have been any number of things i was playing with.
    01-24-2016 02:20 PM
    A few days ago, inexplicably, I noticed I wasn't receiving the normal volume of push notifications, ie gmail, Twitter etc. I had changed nothing on my M9. After uninstalling and then reinstalling, some apps began to work again. However, gmail is not working and I have already begun to miss the timing of some very important emails.

I have since uninstalled both the gmail app and Google itself from my phone but no fix. I have compared settings between my M9 and my Tab S2 and they are the same.

Does anyone have a solution for me? Many thanks!

Posted from my M9
    Welcome to Android Central!

Did you ever figure out what the problem was?
    01-25-2016 08:08 AM
    Thanks for the replies. Unfortunately, the problem was occurring over both WiFi and cellular network.

The solution was a factory reset. So far, all push notifications working.

It remains a mystery to me as to why things cease to work. Hopeful this does not happen again; however, I am at a loss as to know what caused this in the first place?

Posted via the Android Central App
    01-25-2016 08:23 AM