HTC M9 Gmail glitch or not?

holz75

Mar 27, 2012
Visit site
Hey guys... here's my dilemma. I've never had this problem before, but it's driving me nuts! I'm not sure if it's an HTC issue, so I'm posting it here. I simply want to add a new Google account to my Gmail app, but I keep getting a 'confirm your password' prompt rather than 'add exisiting account' or even 'enter your email address'? And even if I enter the correct password at the prompt, I just get the same question over and over again. I've tried it from settings/accounts and sync and well as Gmail, but it's always the same?? Have any of you encountered this weird issue?

Thanks!

anon(826501)

Jun 21, 2012
Visit site
Hey guys... here's my dilemma. I've never had this problem before, but it's driving me nuts! I'm not sure if it's an HTC issue, so I'm posting it here. I simply want to add a new Google account to my Gmail app, but I keep getting a 'confirm your password' prompt rather than 'add exisiting account' or even 'enter your email address'? And even if I enter the correct password at the prompt, I just get the same question over and over again. I've tried it from settings/accounts and sync and well as Gmail, but it's always the same?? Have any of you encountered this weird issue?

Thanks!
Hello, well the Gmail app is not the best email app in Android. I bought at Google Play Store this two; K-@ Mail Pro and Aqua Mail ( paid for the Pro Key ). Both of them are good, you can add as many gmail accounts you want and other email accounts too, like Aol, Yahoo, Outlook ( former Hotmail ). Now after seven years at Android and six flagship phones, including HTC ONE X, HTC ONE X+ and HTC ONE ( M7 ) the best email app is free. The name is Blue Mail, check out the screeshot. Download it, take a little time setting it and enjoy the best email experience. uploadfromtaptalk1455685721177.jpg

IAmSixNine

Jun 1, 2010
Visit site
IT could be an authentication issue that may need your attention from a desktop. Try logging into your account from a computer and see if any security issues pop up there. Then that may clear the issues your having on the phone.

holz75

Mar 27, 2012
Visit site
I FIGURED IT OUT!!!!! :) It was asking for my actual phone security password, and not my Google password. Wow, that is a relief. Hahaha.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kerokekerol