battery draining fast after marshmallow

accursedvenom

Apr 12, 2015
Visit site
Got the update Tuesday. The past 2 days my battery drains very quickly with minimal use. Today I've replied to 5 texts and I'm down to 52% right now at 2:44pm est.

Posted via the Android Central App

mfreeland

Apr 26, 2011
Visit site
Got the update Tuesday. The past 2 days my battery drains very quickly with minimal use. Today I've replied to 5 texts and I'm down to 52% right now at 2:44pm est.

You must have an app draining your battery. I would suggest going into Power>Battery Optimization, see whats not optimized, make sure everything is being optimized. I would also look under Battery Usage and see whats using it. After the update I'm noticing improved battery. Doze seems to work really well when the phone it just sitting there, not being used, like on my night stand, in the middle of the night.

Lecrae116

Apr 3, 2012
Visit site
You must have an app draining your battery. I would suggest going into Power>Battery Optimization, see whats not optimized, make sure everything is being optimized. I would also look under Battery Usage and see whats using it. After the update I'm noticing improved battery. Doze seems to work really well when the phone it just sitting there, not being used, like on my night stand, in the middle of the night.
How long does it exactly take for the phone to go into doze? Also does it matter if it's on a phone stand or does it have to be sitting flat?

IAmSixNine

Jun 1, 2010
Visit site
Im not noticing any battery drain on my unit. Did the update the morning it came out. I did wipe system cache right after the update. So far my unit is working just as it did before the update.

accursedvenom

Apr 12, 2015
Visit site
I checked my battery usage. Android is using 17%, cell standby is 12-15%. T-Mobile app has used 5% today. I thought I turned on optimization, but guess not. Not sure how to use doze. I should also mention that I've had battery saver on all day as well.

mfreeland

Apr 26, 2011
Visit site
I checked my battery usage. Android is using 17%, cell standby is 12-15%. T-Mobile app has used 5% today. I thought I turned on optimization, but guess not. Not sure how to use doze. I should also mention that I've had battery saver on all day as well.

Honestly, I think I would make sure my phone was backed up to HTC Backup and do a full reset. You now have to download HTC Restore once your reset is done. All of your passwords, saved networks, apps and settings will be restored. Any files, including photos and music, stored on internal memory will need to be backed up to your computer. External SD card should be fine, although you can un-mount it to be safe. I never turn on Battery Saver. Doze is always on. You should be able to make it through the day with minimal use. One question: How is your network strength? If the phone is always searching for WiFi or cell network, that will eat battery fast. Also go into Setting>Apps and scroll through and disable any apps you don't use. It helps. Also turn off any radios such as NSF, or even GPS, if you're not using them....

accursedvenom

Apr 12, 2015
Visit site
Honestly, I think I would make sure my phone was backed up to HTC Backup and do a full reset. You now have to download HTC Restore once your reset is done. All of your passwords, saved networks, apps and settings will be restored. Any files, including photos and music, stored on internal memory will need to be backed up to your computer. External SD card should be fine, although you can un-mount it to be safe. I never turn on Battery Saver. Doze is always on. You should be able to make it through the day with minimal use. One question: How is your network strength? If the phone is always searching for WiFi or cell network, that will eat battery fast. Also go into Setting>Apps and scroll through and disable any apps you don't use. It helps. Also turn off any radios such as NSF, or even GPS, if you're not using them....

I never use NFC or GPS. I'll go through and disable apps I don't use. I turn my Wi-Fi off when I leave for work in the morning. I'm on T-Mobile and my phone network mode is set to GSM/CDMA/LTE auto.

mfreeland

Apr 26, 2011
Visit site
I never use NFC or GPS. I'll go through and disable apps I don't use. I turn my Wi-Fi off when I leave for work in the morning. I'm on T-Mobile and my phone network mode is set to GSM/CDMA/LTE auto.

I would still back up, reset and restore....Not a bad thing after a major update anyways.

accursedvenom

Apr 12, 2015
Visit site
Battery is doing much better. The only things not optimized are messaging, play services and an updater which I assume is for the Android system since it has a droid as the icon. Hasn't been on the charger since 5pm yesterday and it's now 6:20am and I have 37% still.

Attachments

• 221243.jpg
    221243.jpg
    38.4 KB · Views: 16

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DragnDon