Amazon Underground, Video, Shopping App Issues

columbia_hawk

Mar 1, 2016
Visit site
Hello, recently bought an HTC One M9 from Verizon and it has updated to Android 6.0. I subscribe to amazon prime and wanted to install the video app on my phone, but was having issues with all of amazons apps. Through the Google Play Store, I have tried to download the Amazon Shopping App, and I got a message that said, 'Cant Install App - try again, and if the problem continues, get help troubleshooting (error code -505)

I noticed that my phone had the underground app pre-installed on the phone, and its version is 6.0.0.200 and when I try to update it through the amazon underground app, it says app not installed after downloading it and clicking install.

I do have install from unknown sources enabled, and have also turned off google's protection. The 4 other available apk that are available if the device doesn't allow you to delete the app haven't worked either.

Had also tried removing the sd card, restarting, and installing, and the same thing happens.

I finally got it to work when I google searcehd for amazon video apks , and ater some other tinkering, I was able to get an older version of the app to install. Amazon Video version: 3.0.63.245601 was able to be installed after downloading, and I have confirmed that it works by watching a video through the app.

Hopefully this helps somebody else, and if this has already been posted somewhere, I couldnt find it haha.

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Welcome to Android Central, and thanks for that tip! Are you saying that when you open the Amazon Underground app and go to its settings to update the app, it downloads the update, but then tells you the app isn't installed? That's pretty glitchy. Try going to Settings>Apps>All, select Download Manager, and Clear Cache/Clear Data. Now try again.

You could also try wiping the cache partition: https://support.t-mobile.com/docs/DOC-20857