Screen colour looks 'off' - is it possible to make it as the M8?

mikeyboy80

Jun 8, 2014
Visit site
I've not long got the M9, it's looing good, zippy. But ive noticed the colour temperature seems a little 'washed' - totally different to my previous M8 I had.

Not sure if its just me but has anyone else noticed this and using the colour temp setting how can this be changed similar to the M8?

IAmSixNine

Jun 1, 2010
Visit site
Not just you. I complained about this when i got mine a few months after it launched.
HTC did add software to adjust the color contrast a while back. That helped somewhat but still seemed washed out.
With marshmallow i have noticed they have backed off the screen dimming a bit to make the screen a bit brighter with auto brightness enabled. To me this is a good thing as a somewhat brighter screen works with this unit.

mikeyboy80

Jun 8, 2014
Visit site
Not just you. I complained about this when i got mine a few months after it launched.
HTC did add software to adjust the color contrast a while back. That helped somewhat but still seemed washed out.
With marshmallow i have noticed they have backed off the screen dimming a bit to make the screen a bit brighter with auto brightness enabled. To me this is a good thing as a somewhat brighter screen works with this unit.

Thanks.

It's really putting me off the device. Struggling to get it white similar to the m8.

rm05

Jan 6, 2015
Visit site
I agree. Also, my M8 had a nicer blueish green tint. My M9 has a more orange tint to the screen which cannot be altered in the colour temp settings.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fallingOutOfLoveWfithTech