I've always liked htc because of the superb performance and high build quality but how is the battery life and display on the m9?
    03-04-2016 04:05 AM
    I don't find the battery life or display quality to be quite as good as on my older M8, which would typically give me 3 days per charge, with some tinkering. My new M9 seems to be two days maximum. In some ways I find my M9 a downgrade over the M8. That said, having tried other phones I am happy to put up with these minor problems since the call quality above all is spot on and I never recall any dropouts or the party on the other end saying I am quiet or can't hear me. That is why I come back to these HTC phones. Overall I would recommend.
    03-04-2016 10:29 AM
    Pretty much what rm05 said.
    I find the screen to be a downgrade from the M8.
    The speakers are as good. Battery life to me has gotten better since launch. I attribute that to better software.
    Processor wise i think its a step up from the M8. Both devices run smooth so its only when your running larger games do i notice.
    03-04-2016 11:29 AM
    Battery life is noticeably better with Marshmallow, not that it was bad to begin with. Display is just fine.
    03-04-2016 07:55 PM
    For those on 6.0, does the camera get any improvements? I'm fine with the way it is now, but improvements of any kind are always good!
    03-04-2016 08:30 PM
    I get about a day with Bluetooth off and about a half a day with it on. Battery life is the only thing that I don't like about the phone. I haven't noticed any difference with the camera.
    03-04-2016 08:37 PM
    Certainly the biggest disappointment for me has been the new power button on the centre of the case. It makes it tricky to pick up the phone without catching it accidentally since it's exactly where the fingers want to grip, and it's likely to get caught in a pocket. It is also in the worst place when I am using the phone in the car in my holder. The power button on the top was a far better idea.

I definitely think this One is a downgrade over the previous, unless you are wanting it for playing those silly modern processor hungry games or something like that.
    03-06-2016 02:45 AM
    I am looking for an answer on why my HTC One M9 battery does not even last a day. And I am a very light user. I don't use any data even though I have unlimited data. I hardly make phone calls because I use email for communication all the time. I don't use text messaging either because I hate writing with the little keypad. I usually only use WeChat a few time in a day. When I call an 800 number, or a government unit which I know I have to wait, I always put the phone on charge so that the battery would not be completely drained. The battery life is so short that is incredible. Is there anything wrong with my phone?
    03-06-2016 03:10 PM
    I am looking for an answer on why my HTC One M9 battery does not even last a day. And I am a very light user. I don't use any data even though I have unlimited data. I hardly make phone calls because I use email for communication all the time. I don't use text messaging either because I hate writing with the little keypad. I usually only use WeChat a few time in a day. When I call an 800 number, or a government unit which I know I have to wait, I always put the phone on charge so that the battery would not be completely drained. The battery life is so short that is incredible. Is there anything wrong with my phone?
    There may be something wrong with your phone, or there may be background apps running (like crazy), draining your battery. With light use, including multiple calls, texts, taking pictures, checking apps, all in good service and mostly wifi, I usually get down to 30-40% at about 20 hours. If I'm traveling around the state, in and out of service and roaming, I still get the better part of a day. You might want to check your usage in power settings to see whats using the most power. Some times doing a back up and then a factory reset helps a lot.
    03-06-2016 03:53 PM