Hello!
    So basically I wrote the same thing to the support Email adress from Google, just to get an message back that they're not reading Emails, because of how many are being sent in. After calling the Swiss Google support they told me that they only have support for AdWords, because it's their only service they make money with. The lack of contact is pretty disturbing, but anyway.

I couldn't find a forum that fits that topic so I decided to post it here.

My Problem:

My Friend has forgot her phone lock pattern so she asked me if there's any way to unlock the phone. After a quick research I found out that you can unlock your phone by using the "lock" feature in Android Device Manager. So we logged in into ADM and set a new password. Everythig seemed to work, but then the password didn't work at all. I mean you can't do much wrong using the password "1234". I thought maybe it's a bug or something so we tried to set the password again, but then there was the message that "Google has confirmed that the device is already locked" or something. It's a pretty embarassing situation, cause I can't really explain to her what went wrong. Is factory reset the only thing that she can do or is it possible to fix it somehow (She has photos on it and stuff). I can't contact Google, so they can't reset the password. The phone is a HTC One M9 by the way.
    03-11-2016 05:51 AM
    Did you look at and set the password for the correct device? Sorry I'm starting so basic. If she's had other Androids it's possible for them to still appear in her list. Just to be sure you're communicating with the correct device ring the device. This will confirm you are seeing the correct device and that you are in communication with it. If you are able to ring the device, check that the device has internet over either Wi-Fi or network. You can ring and rough locate a device with only voice active I believe.

Posted via the Android Central App
    03-11-2016 06:12 AM
    Sorry I had to leave. Anyway another reason it might fail would be if it wasn't set up on the device prior to wanting to use it now. ADM is still an opt in service. If you can't ring the device it may mean that ADM was never setup on the device. The device name should be HTC6535LVW. Other than those simple things ADM is pretty simple and should work. You could also try the troubleshooting guide offered at the ADM site just to ensure no steps are being skipped.

03-11-2016 07:18 AM
    Yeah the ringing feature works, I'm almost certain that she didn't enable it by herself, but the screen says that the device is locked and even shows the message (pw 1234) we've added to it. So I guess it's working right?
    03-11-2016 09:06 AM
    From a pc will it show you what options are enabled... But if it rings and shows locked status I think you're right it should be working... Have you restarted the phone since changing the pin? Beyond that I would have to refer you to the troubleshooting guide. I just don't have any hands on with it beyond setting it up. Now I'll have to go play with it.

03-11-2016 09:39 AM