Galaxy Note 10 Deal: BOGO at Verizon!
    I have an HTC m9 and used to be able to plug my usb to the mac and iphoto would mount my external sd card where I store all my camera shots, the mac running is os x el capitan. The mac for some reason is not mounting the card, however I am able to use HTC Sync Manager but really miss the simplicity of Iphoto. Now when I plug my phone to the computer I get the usual usb options, charging, file transfer, MIDI, etc, but when I choose file transfer nothing happens. I have rebooted both phones and mac, tried different cables and check the developer options(usb debugging).
    03-14-2016 12:06 PM
    I have an HTC m9 and used to be able to plug my usb to the mac and iphoto would mount my external sd card where I store all my camera shots, the mac running is os x el capitan. The mac for some reason is not mounting the card, however I am able to use HTC Sync Manager but really miss the simplicity of Iphoto. Now when I plug my phone to the computer I get the usual usb options, charging, file transfer, MIDI, etc, but when I choose file transfer nothing happens. I have rebooted both phones and mac, tried different cables and check the developer options(usb debugging).
    I have the same problem. Worked well before the update and now it doesn't. Still works normally on my PC. I've installed Android File Transfer on my Mac, and that works like a file explorer.... Not sure, and nobody else seems to know why it changed....
    03-16-2016 09:54 AM
    I assume you guys are using the USB connection from phone to Mac, not taking out of the microSD card and insert into a card reader on Mac. Google has been moving towards supporting MTP protocol only since KitKat on USB connection. This allows better interactions between the host PC and the storage (it allows both phone and PC to access the same storage at the same time). OEMs like HTC and Samsung still offers classical USB mass storage mode on their phones. Nexus phones no longer offer that mode, IIRC. Mass storage only allows either phone or PC to acccess the storage, not both. I suspect the Marshmallow update either took that away or make the MTP as the default protocol.

The problem is MTP protocol is never supported in Mac OS (along with many other common stuff that is supported on PC). So, check your phone and see if there is a setting to allow you to change back to Mass Storage USB mode.
    03-16-2016 12:17 PM
    Looks like that isn't an option anymore... I can use Android File Transfer on my Mac or just use my PC laptops...
    Attached Thumbnails After the Marshmallow update, why isn't my M9 sd card mounting on my Mac osx El Capitan?-1458246565270.jpg  
    03-17-2016 03:29 PM