Anyone thinking of jumping from the M9 to the 10?

davidtm

Nov 13, 2012
Visit site
My M9 is only a year old now, so I'm not yet eligible for upgrade (Sprint). However, my vibration is gone and I have the cracked camera cover on the back. I've thought is using the "Uh-Oh" $100 off, but that's still pretty stiff with no subsidy.

Anyone else thinking of this option?

foxbat121

Jan 28, 2011
Visit site
With subsidy, you already are paying your phone's cost for two years in the plan, around $25/mo extra, compared to a plan without the subsidy. That's $600 in two years you will have to pay for the phone in addition to whatever you paid. So, if your M9 was originally $200, you end up have to pay $800 total.

I personally no longer pay for such stupid subsidy. I buy phones that was a year old model. For example, my M9 is $250 bought without contract new from BB (eBay also is a great place) and use with a non-subsidized plan that's $25 cheaper each month that my original subsidized plan. Next year, I will switch over to M10 if I like or any other phones (no more than $300) while you are still paying for your original M9 :)

delta7

Sep 11, 2010
Visit site
Same here never signing another will wait for the price to dropnand buy I bought my m9 for 250 nib and will get something else for around that price. No contracts nor 600 bucks for a phone for me.

Posted via the Android Central App

neo905

Apr 4, 2014
Visit site
The phone costs more than $300 more than the M9 cost me due to exchange rate and HTC adding another $100 on top of that. That and only one carrier in Canada is selling it.

If my carrier sold it and it was about the same as I paid for the M9 I probably would have purchased it.

Posted via the Android Central App

ollieg

Apr 11, 2012
Visit site
Geez. If MY camera lens was cracked I'd "have to buy a replacement"! Kudos to you for resisting.

If youve been on Sprint a long time, make sure Sprint doesn't have a discount or reward waiting for you.

You didn't suggest paying off the old subsidy and starting a new one.

Geez, I'm whispering bad ideas into your left ear...

Interesting idea all those people buying last year's model outright for less.

mfreeland

Apr 26, 2011
Visit site
My M9 is only a year old now, so I'm not yet eligible for upgrade (Sprint). However, my vibration is gone and I have the cracked camera cover on the back. I've thought is using the "Uh-Oh" $100 off, but that's still pretty stiff with no subsidy.

Anyone else thinking of this option?
When the vibration went out in my M8 Sprint sent me a new M9 as a replacement, for free (because I have their insurance.) My contract is up May 1st, so when the M 10 is available I will have one.......

delta7

Sep 11, 2010
Visit site
you think that insurance is worth it? it's 13 bucks a month... I got a m9 but want a g4 but the bootloop issue scares me.

mfreeland

Apr 26, 2011
Visit site
you think that insurance is worth it? it's 13 bucks a month... I got a m9 but want a g4 but the bootloop issue scares me.
Insurance has alway been worth it to me. I would have a lot harder time coming up with the cost of a replacement phone. I've had to pay a deductible ($150) once when I broke my screen. Sprint has been really good when it comes to replacing my phones for problems like loose usb port, and vibrate motor stopped working.

delta7

Sep 11, 2010
Visit site
I never broke a screen but I don't have heat issues with my m9. They won't look St it unless I pay them. With tax and insurance you pay 20 month a Month approximately?