Bluetooth Turns Off - Factory Reset Required to Turn On Again

GSDer

Jan 30, 2011
Visit site
Hey all - my daughter has an M9 on Verizon that's received 6.0, and pretty much ever since then Bluetooth will turn itself off after functioning correctly for a couple of weeks, and only a Factory Reset will get it back to a working state. We've tried:
- booting into Safe mode
- booting into Recovery and clearing the system cache
- turning off, waiting a couple of minutes, turning back on
None of the above make any difference.

Once Bluetooth turns itself off you can't turn it back on from the Notification shade or the Settings menu. After a Factory Reset it seems to work fine for a couple of weeks, then just decides not to work at some random point.

Has anyone run into a similar issue?

Any ideas besides the things we've tried?

I've considered trying to roll back to the previous version of the OS; just haven't messed with the flashing tools for HTC since back in my Thunderbolt days.

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Hey GSDer! Haven't seen you around too much--glad to see you back!

How old is the phone? If it's still under warranty, it might be worth contacting HTC before it gets too late.

GSDer

Jan 30, 2011
Visit site
Yo Diddy!

Yeah, I haven't had a new phone in quite awhile, so I haven't had much to post about. Did just sign up for Google Fi a month or two back and am sporting a Nexus 6P using that network - Verizon was just wearing me out with the costs for unlimited data so I gave up the ghost and moved on to a phone that I can use on any network.

Anyway, the M9 is a replacement/upgrade that she got from Asurion (they didn't have her old device at the time so they bumped her to the M9) and I'm pretty sure it was a refurb when she got it. I'll be sure to remind her to check on that though - thanks!

I thought it was probably a hardware problem, but since it worked fine before the Marshmallow update I'm going to have to look into the HTC tools to reflash 5.1.x and see what happens.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
maximusdebois