Odd two tone beep after reboot and every 60 min

trsbbs

Mar 12, 2015
Visit site
The past week or so a strange beeping (two low, two high) has been happening.

It starts about 5-10 minutes after I reboot the phone then about every 60 min there after.
It is not at the top of the hour. Changes when I reboot. Not a hourly clock chime.
The only notification is BoomSound. Said something about system., Nothing else.
Its not NFC.
I removed some newer apps I installed and that didn't help.

Any ideas?

zocster

Oct 23, 2013
Visit site
Roaming? Which carrier you with? Try and catch with a screenshot? Email settings? One of your account password changed recently?

trsbbs

Mar 12, 2015
Visit site
Roaming? Which carrier you with? Try and catch with a screenshot? Email settings? One of your account password changed recently?

Verizon. To fast and inconsistent to snap. No changes in accounts. Email the same.

Two tone beep within ten min. of reboot. Not roaming, turned off. Then about once an hour. Sometimes less, sometimes more. . Drives ya nuts.

Posted via the Android Central App

trsbbs

Mar 12, 2015
Visit site
Do you have multiple accounts on the device?
Does this behavior still occur if you boot into Safe Mode?

Yes. Couple of emails, Twitter, Facebook, Instagram. They seem ok though. Safe mode?

Posted via the Android Central App

GSDer

Jan 30, 2011
Visit site
Safe mode?
Safe Mode can be activated in different ways, depending on the device.

In the case of my Nexus device, when I long-press the Power button it brings up the 'Power off' prompt - if I long-press that prompt I get a prompt that asks if I want to boot into Safe Mode.
875dc4c0cd4a0c923dbc802b5fc0b80b.jpg

On my old Samsung Galaxy S3 I could get into Safe Mode by pressing and holding the Volume Down button while powering on the device from a fully off state.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dawncompton