HTC m9 real or clone?

Abhi1103

Jun 3, 2016
Visit site
Hey guys, I am new to this place. Just wanted to know some information about htc m9 gold. A seller is trying to sell an open box htc m9 to me. He just emailed me photos of it. I just wanted to know whether the htc m9 is a real or fake one? I feel that it might be fake because of the black stripes on gold phone on the back. Please help. I dont want to end up with a clone. link to photos attached.real or fake m9 ? - Album on Imgur

chennaite

Mar 9, 2016
Visit site
You can't say clone or real only by seeing the pictures but this seems to be fake for me. Because even I have never seen the black colour antenna lines in HTC M9. So please consider before buying.

foxbat121

Jan 28, 2011
Visit site
Actually there are plenty pic for such M9, e.g. http://www.phonesreview.co.uk/wp-content/phoneimages/HTC-One-M9-revisited-c.jpg. Seems to be from non-US versions which could still be used in US.

From the pics of it, it seems to be machined perfect to HTC standard. I doubt it will be fake but you don't buy stuff like that from someone you don't know and have no recourse to return it if it is not what it looks like. Try eBay which gives you automatic protection.

Also, install apps to check processor used inside the phone. If it is Qualcomm processor, it is real. No fake phones can afford to use Qualcomm processors (majority of Chinese made phones use non-Qualcomm processors).

JRDEMASKUS

Aug 12, 2011
Visit site
I frequently trade on CL.
Most of the clones seem to be Samsung and iphone. Most clones were bought on eBay.
Think about how popular the device is, and how likely it is to be cloned.
You are probably going to be safe with HTC.

The real worry is, was it stolen, was it not paid off and the carrier is going to blacklist it? Was the screen replaced? Did it get wet and hasn't died yet? Was it rooted or jailbroken, thus making it ineligible for OTA update?

I always run an IMEI check. Also check the "About" software, does it have a red "Modified" line? Look at the water indicators, and test with a SIM card.
Make sure the cloud lock is released.

If the seller is trying to rush away and won't wait for you to check it out, or meet in a safe public place or carrier store...REDFLAG!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WillyC