Hi guys,

I have had my M9 since launch in Canada last year in March I believe. I have used it normally, doing all updates. For the last month or two, the battery will not last me even 3 or 4 hours. I will not touch it, no apps are draining my battery as I barely use any. My data and wifi will be turned off, and it will just drain.

This morning I unplugged it at 7am. Did not even look at the phone, and at 8am it sat at 81%. Since 8am I have left the phone on Extreme Power Saver, and took it off after a couple hours to use some apps. It now sits at 47% (1247pm).

Doing almost nothing with the phone. This is what happens on a daily basis. I have turned off location services, wifi searching, everything I could find and nothing helps. I called HTC and they basically guided me through turning the phone on and off a few times through the boot screen, then allowing it to charge. That did nothing to help.

Does anyone have an answer for me of what this issue is? Should I take it to my local repair shop for a new battery? Should I just replace the phone? I was looking at the G4.
    06-15-2016 02:51 PM
    Never Herd Of This Before. It May Be Due To A Faulty Battery Or Overcharging. If I Were You And You Wanted To Keep The Phone Get The Battery Replaced.
    06-15-2016 04:00 PM
    Never Herd Of This Before. It May Be Due To A Faulty Battery Or Overcharging. If I Were You And You Wanted To Keep The Phone Get The Battery Replaced.
    How would overcharging have anything to do with it? I thought phones were protected from overcharging.
    06-15-2016 05:15 PM
    just because your not using the phone doesnt mean an app isnt messed up and running rouge.
    Hard reset it, set it up, use it normally, if problem is still there then it might be a battery issue.
    Does your phone get warm when not in use?
    06-16-2016 11:10 AM
    Try booting into Safe Mode, and with a 100% charge just let it sit for the rest of the day and then examine the battery information - if you're still having a problem where it's close to being dead by the end of the day then you likely have a hardware issue.
    06-17-2016 01:12 AM
    I am having the same problem as well almost to a "T". After talking to Verizon for three days of this they sent me a new phone. Turned it on logged into google then the phone updated all the apps while on wifi and charger. Afterward even in safe mode and plane mode turned on the phone drains about 5% every 10 - 15 min.
    Really making the phone almost usless not holding a charge for more then two or three hours!
    06-30-2016 06:28 AM
    I was having the same problem to the point where the battery in my M9 was actually impacted and I was given a new phone. As soon as I got it restored, the battery drain started again. I decided that it had to be some kind of rogue memory drain.

I downloaded an app that told me what was using my memory and everything was really minimal except Cloud & Kindle. They were both duking it out and keeping the memory fluctuating a a high rate of consumption back and forth. I disabled both apps and my phone has been behaving absolutely brilliantly with an amazing battery life since.
    07-12-2016 05:04 PM
    I was having the same problem to the point where the battery in my M9 was actually impacted and I was given a new phone. As soon as I got it restored, the battery drain started again. I decided that it had to be some kind of rogue memory drain.

I downloaded an app that told me what was using my memory and everything was really minimal except Cloud & Kindle. They were both duking it out and keeping the memory fluctuating a a high rate of consumption back and forth. I disabled both apps and my phone has been behaving absolutely brilliantly with an amazing battery life since.
    May you please share this app I'm having the same issues.
    07-12-2016 08:33 PM
    I'm having the same exact problem with an M9 on Verizon. About a month ago (late May, early June) my phone just started overheating and draining the battery for no apparent reason. It will routinely drain about 50-60% during my 2 hour commute each morning. While I'm at work it's plugged into the USB port on my computer at work and will slow charge through the day. When I leave work I'm usually at 100% and I'll see the same % drain on the commute home. On the weekends I'm not tethered to a desk and the phone will routinely be dead by the time we're looking to eat lunch. Verizon says they didn't do anything, must be hardware, HTC support says it's probably a software update that Verizon pushed out. (pause to pull hair out) I've read forums all over the place and I'm finally starting to see other posts complaining of the same symptoms starting around the same time so I'm starting to think it's s software issue, but I've yet to pinpoint which apps are doing it. I installed GSAM battery monitor and will post my findings back here but if anyone has any ideas that worked for them, I'm willing to try them. Thanks!

EDIT: In the time it took me to write this (5 minutes on my computer) my phone was sitting on the desk with the screen off and lost 11%. WTF?!?
    07-13-2016 07:53 AM
    It's called OS Monitor. Good luck.
    07-13-2016 07:51 PM
    It's called OS Monitor. Good luck.
    How did you check the memory usage within the app I do not see the option.
    07-13-2016 08:32 PM
    OMG, I've been searching for a month for people having the same issue!!!! I've been on 5 support chats with HTC and sent in for repair. Nothing has fixed the issue. My phone is around 100F-115F.

I've found the following via OS Monitor (Process > Tool Icon > Paragraph Icon > Memory) and I have the following apps sucking around 50% of the RAM.

Google PLay Store 165 MB
    SwiftKey Keyboard 152 MB
    Google PLay Services 148 MB
    Sense Home 142 MB
    Google Account Manager 137 MB
    Google Play Music 117 MB
    Facebook 114MB
    and a couple more
    07-14-2016 12:21 PM