Phone locked up while trying to update using HTC's file "RUU_HIMA_UL_M60_SENSE70_ATT_MR_CINGULAR_US_3.38.502.12" straight off the HTC's website. Now the phone says"
    ***Software status Modified***
    ***Locked***
    ***S-ON***
    ***Security Warning***
    <VOL UP> to previous items
    <VOL DOWN> to next line
    <POWER> to select item
    REBOOT
    REBOOT TO BOOTLOADER
    BOOT TO DOWNLOAD MODE
    BOOT TO RECOVERY MODE
    POWER DOWN.

I can power it down and I can boot to download mode.... but says it's locked. and if I go to recovery it just says "failed to boot to recovery mode"...

I contacted HTC for support they walked me through the exact same steps I'd done earlier with the same results. Now the phone won't even connect to the PC and HTC is telling me that the warranty may be void cause "software status modified", even though it was THEIR file that I used. Please help I can't afford a new phone and HTC is not responding.....
    06-22-2016 05:40 PM
    What process did you use to update the file? If you tried to load it any other way, than how you'd normally receive it, through your carrier or HTC, then the term, Software Status Modied" would apply to how their warranty is written. >>>IMHO<<<

Chris
    06-24-2016 04:11 AM
    Sounds exactly the issue like this one http://forums.androidcentral.com/htc...need-help.html
    H3aTeRzz likes this.
    06-24-2016 11:24 AM
    I used the instructions and file directly from the HTC website. I followed the steps per : HTC One M9 (AT&T) - Updates & downloads - Support | HTC United States HTC's file off their direct website... and here we are locked up. In fact when I talked with HTC about this the rep. gave me this link and said try it again.. I did. Same results and errors.
    06-24-2016 01:12 PM
    Oh yes seems like same issue. Supposedly HTC is evaluating my case and will let me know the warranty status within a few days . So I may wait to hear from them before I try the solutions on you have so kindly pointed me to. I appreciate your help and guidance here, as this has been a very frustrating experience.
    H3aTeRzz likes this.
    06-24-2016 01:17 PM