My HTC One M9 was boot looping this morning and then was asking decryption key
    after i held the volume down and power button.
    Later it got stuck on the HTC logo and will only go to a screen where there are options
    to reboot, reboot to bootloader, boot to download mode, boot to recovery mode and power down.

I pressed recovery mode and pressed factory reset with the volume and power key but then it says 'E: cant find device node for mount point/cache'

I even tried to download from sd card as i had the stock rom but the same message would pop up.

please help me even if the data is wiped completely.

-Michael
    03-19-2017 09:25 AM
    Welcome to the forums. You may have to consider reflashing the stock ROM. Check here for your files: https://www.htc.com/us/support/rom-downloads.html
    03-19-2017 10:20 AM
    ok so i already have the stock rom on my sd card, when i try to boot from download mode it says wrong CID or DID. Please help me.

update: the bootloader says it is locked and something S-ON
    03-19-2017 11:00 AM
    i kinda have the same problem only when in my phone fastboot screen when I press recovery option or bootload my phone goes to loop with silver HTC logo...I have not modified my phone any way .One minute the phone was charging the next it went on rebooting itself on the white HTC screen but when I press vol down + power it goes to black silver HTC logo and loops faster. All i can do now is press both vol buttons and power to go in the fastboot screen where none of the options work except going to the black silver htc logo and loops.......HTC disappointed me. I have used HTC since the HTC incredible days. Pleaze help
    03-22-2017 07:07 PM