HTC ONE M9 message com.android.settings stopped working unexpectedly

Purpledawn

Apr 16, 2017
Visit site
Hi, can someone help me please? My HTC One M9 is giving a message saying that com.android.settings have stopped unexpectedly. I've restarted, switched off for a while but it doesn't solve the problem. I've just got the android symbol instead of the cog wheel symbol. Any advice welcome, thanks

jasonandrews25788

Aug 10, 2016
Visit site
Select “Settings“.
Choose Apps.
Ensure that “All apps” is selected in the dropdown menu.
Scroll down and select “Storage“.
Select “Clear data“.

Purpledawn

Apr 16, 2017
Visit site
Thanks, I would do that but there is no access to settings. As I explained there is just an android symbol in place of settings symbol and when I click on it I get the above message asking if I want to send an error report. Was going to try this next, but not really sure what I'm doing is correct :-!
1. Be sure the phone is off.
2. Press and hold the Volume Down key.
3. Turn the phone on by pressing the Power key until the phone vibrates, then release Power.
4. Continue holding the Volume Down key.
5. Release the Volume Down key when the black screen with red and blue lines of text appears.
6. Press the Volume Down key repeatedly until reboot to bootloader is highlighted.
7. Press the Power key.
8. The device will display a white screen with coloured text.
9. Press the Volume Down key repeatedly until BOOT TO RECOVERY MODE is highlighted.
10. Press the Power key. The screen will flash HTC, wait for the next screen.
11. Press Volume Down key to highlight wipe cache partition.
12. Press the Power key.
13. Press the Volume Down key to highlight Yes on the 'Wipe cache?' screen.
14. Press the Power key.
15. Once complete, press the Power key again to select Reboot system now.

Last edited:

Purpledawn

Apr 16, 2017
Visit site
Didn't have to do anything as it eventually started working again. I just got rid of a couple of things added as shortcuts to main screen and it came back. Thanks for advice anyway :-*

Purpledawn

Apr 16, 2017
Visit site
:mad: Disappeared again, grrrrr. Nougat update also failed, downloads but update installs up to 25% then I get a triangle with a red exclamation mark and shortly after phone reboots. More concerned about losing settings though.

Naziru Abba

Jun 27, 2017
Visit site
Hello there. I am currently facing the same problem too. Have tried all the above steps to no avail. Seems no body has the solution so far, but I hope am wrong...awaiting a miracle way forward from you, please

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jm_rookie2