Why does my screen keep locking?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Android_is_hard

Jun 17, 2017
Visit site
I have an unlocked HTC M9 running Android 7.0. It's a USA T-Mobile phone, but I'm using it with T-Mobile in Germany. Really like the phone. A few weeks ago it randomly bricked out on me after a flight back to Germany. I restarted it by holding the power button and volume key for roughly 30 seconds as nothing else would turn it back on.

Now the messaging app locks with its own separate lock screen. When I open the app back up a few seconds after going to the home screen via the home button a little blurb comes up saying "Messages will lock again when the phone goes to sleep". Meaning to check my messages I go through two lock screens. I have gone through every setting in my phone possibly relating to the issue. I even removed my regular lock screen. Nothing is working. Now it has started happening with some google apps, but without the message above.

Does anyone know how I can remove this second lock screen from my messaging app? I don't have any extra apps that could cause this. The only thing i changed is untrusting some certificates from China and Japan. One was called something like "Japanese Government". It was weird. Any ideas?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jm_rookie2