Android Car on HTC One M9 not working properly

• Thread starter Android Central Question
  • Start date
A

Android Central Question

Hello,
i bought a 2017 VW Tiguan with App Connect hoping i would benefit of Google maps and Waze instaled on my phone. However i have two problems.
1. When i select navgation through Google maps, the menu is oversized and i cannot have a complete view of the options. Neither of the map.
2. If i select waze for navigation, even if i turn the location on the map shows me to be positiones some miles away from the real position.
Therefore, is there a specific setting that i have to use in order to make them work. Or a certain apk?
Thanks

xantonin

Mar 1, 2018
Visit site
Hello,
i bought a 2017 VW Tiguan with App Connect hoping i would benefit of Google maps and Waze instaled on my phone. However i have two problems.
1. When i select navgation through Google maps, the menu is oversized and i cannot have a complete view of the options. Neither of the map.
2. If i select waze for navigation, even if i turn the location on the map shows me to be positiones some miles away from the real position.
Therefore, is there a specific setting that i have to use in order to make them work. Or a certain apk?
Thanks

I had this exact problem and it drove me nuts. Found the solution though!

You have to disable the battery power save mode for Google Maps and Waze and any other Android Auto app.

This was added with the Boost+ feature to Optimize Foreground Apps which lowers the resolution but makes the screen unreadable in Android Auto.