I have this HTC one m9, cant play any media in every app (for example if I try to change the alarm tone it say that ins unable to play that file) or even hear the boot sound , if I try to record video dont work, I can take pictures with the camera but no video, and cant record audio, i can play media via bluetooth but no speaker or eadphones so I tink its a hardware fault its (even the apps to toogle . the seccond time that happens both when the battery run dry but the first time the solution was reseting the phone like 7 times, this time it dont work . i have made a hard reset wipping cache and factory reset but still the same
    11-29-2017 02:56 AM
    Welcome to Android Central! Does this also happen in Safe Mode? https://support.t-mobile.com/docs/DOC-31470. Are the files saving to Internal Storage or an SD card?
    11-29-2017 10:15 AM
    Yes, its does the same in safe mode, the sd works fine i have files from spotify and can hear it via bluetooth, i also tried to do a factory reset without SD or SIM card
    11-29-2017 09:47 PM
    So the files are on the SD, then? Files can do some funny things on SD cards, since SD cards are more prone to corruption than onboard memory. Can you test those same music files on a different card? Ideally, copy the music files from a pristine source, like your computer hard drive.
    11-30-2017 12:38 AM
    The boot sound dont work, if i start youtube i get a error if,i try to record a video the camera app crashes, even if i make a factory reset whitout an SD or SIM (phone standalone) i cant hear or record anithing . I will give up and buy a new one xD
    11-30-2017 02:47 AM
    [SOLVED] if someone want to try the same solution that work for me
    the problem started when the battery drain completly and the phone sudenly shut down, after the charge the sound and mic wont work, only the bluetoot sound its available and if you try to play a alarm tone or someting the app crashes, soft reset, hard reset dont work, disconect and let the phone rest for 8 hour wont work too
    Solution: Put the phone on download mode (with the phone off press vol down + power) Reinstall the RUU original ROM from the official HTC site HERE and voila the sound work again
    B. Diddy and eng_aboelazem like this.
    12-03-2017 05:19 AM
    pl tell me more detail because my problem like yours
    12-20-2017 10:23 AM