In March/April my M9's software was failing and I got an M10 instead. I had brought it to Sprint and they told me the software was corrupted, making my text messages come in literally days later, operating system not working right, couldn't make any phone calls without having something popping up on the screen and ending it, couldn't receive calls, etc...
    Instead of resetting and losing everything, I got a new phone. I had the "what if" thought of "if I reset my phone and it doesn't fix it, I lost everything (without having a spare phone to transfer everything to, and still have a broken phone."
    I transferred everything to my M10 over a few days. Recently, I went through my drawer of old phones and I was turning them all on to see what I have on there. I have a picture that didn't transfer over from a text message that I want to get, and now the phone won't turn on at all.

I charge it and the battery does charge up (because it feels hot like it used to do when I used the phone.) I try VOL+ and power, power, VOL-, VOL- and power, and nothing. What can I do? I want to at least get the phone to power on. I tried holding the buttons down for various different times, too. Could I take it to Sprint and see what they can do?
    11-29-2017 07:25 PM
    Welcome to Android Central! A phone may become a bit warm while charging, but a hot phone isn't a good sign -- it may mean a failing battery, or some other failure on the motherboard. If you've tried all of those button presses, then chances are it's a hardware problem. You could try getting the battery replaced to start with, but there's no guarantee that'll work, if the problem is with the motherboard.
    12-01-2017 02:00 AM
    Welcome to Android Central! A phone may become a bit warm while charging, but a hot phone isn't a good sign -- it may mean a failing battery, or some other failure on the motherboard. If you've tried all of those button presses, then chances are it's a hardware problem. You could try getting the battery replaced to start with, but there's no guarantee that'll work, if the problem is with the motherboard.
    it's not "hot" it j feels warm. my phone always got like this whenever I charged it or when it was used when I played a game, since the beginning. It actually felt hotter when I would play a game on my phone before work; I could feel it being hot through the defender Otterbox.

How can I get the battery replaced? Do I bring it to Sprint? I don't want to attempt to do it myself. I don't trust myself enough to do that.

I j felt the phone now as it's been plugged in since I made the original post, and it's hot around the camera on top and down the back of the phone.
    This phone never fell more than 4 feet (without an Otterbox- I "airdropped" my phone into an Otterbox the second I took it out of the package lol) or got wet. I take care of all my things like they're thin glass
    12-01-2017 11:18 AM
    It can be difficult to change the battery yourself on these unibody phones -- best to either bring it to a qualified repair shop, or send it back to HTC.
    12-01-2017 07:29 PM