We've got the HTC One Max. Ask your questions here!!!

Alex Dobie

Executive Editor, Android Central
Dec 20, 2010
Visit site
max33.jpg

Phil and I have been using the HTC One Max for the past few days. If you've got questions, post 'em here and we'll give you the answers you crave.

Alex Dobie

Dec 20, 2010
Visit site
It's just as fast as the HTC One, which is pretty fast. No lag, though tough response is ever so slightly quicker on Snapdragon 800 devices.

Alex Dobie

Dec 20, 2010
Visit site
Fingerprint scanner: I'd direct you to our review (when it's done) for that, but I'm neither yay nor nay... mostly "meh."

- - - Updated - - -

Aluminum back, not plastic.

Alex Dobie

Dec 20, 2010
Visit site
No Beats Audio?
Correct
Hi! What does the toggle on the side do?
Opens the back panel.
Any pen/stylus scenario a la Note 3? Is one-handed operation possible at all?
There will be a capacitive pen, but probably only in Asia. No plans to offer the pen in the US/Europe, and it's absolutely not required to use the device. One-handed use is very tricky, more so than the Note 3, as the Max is much taller.

- - - Updated - - -

Is it true that they took out the OIS from the camera?
Yep :/ Same as the One Mini — Ultrapixel but no OIS.

BigladUK#AC

Feb 23, 2011
Visit site
Does the removal back take anything away from the overall solidness of the phone, the One is very very solid being one piece but does a removal back loose anything ?
Si

L_E_O

Jun 4, 2011
Visit site
Clarifying the lack of Beats...is it just the lack of official branding, or is there a perceivable difference in the sound?

Alex Dobie

Dec 20, 2010
Visit site
How is Sense 5.5? Anything standing out to you? (And I don't mean Blinkfeed).

Well, there's the new BlinkFeed stuff. :p G+ support, RSS support, new search filters, and the ability to turn it off. Also a redesigned gallery app with more customizable video highlights. Proper lock screen widget support. Customizable notification shade shortcuts. And more. Full rundown will be in the review.

- - - Updated - - -

Clarifying the lack of Beats...is it just the lack of official branding, or is there a perceivable difference in the sound?
No branding, no Beats software enhancements. You can tell the difference if you play the same music on both devices with the same headphones. Output from the Max sounds a bit flatter.

Alex Dobie

Dec 20, 2010
Visit site
Does the removal back take anything away from the overall solidness of the phone, the One is very very solid being one piece but does a removal back loose anything ?
Si
We have preproduction One Max devices which have a few issues with the back panel. HTC says these will be fixed in production versions. As for feel, it feels perfectly solid. Same brushed aluminum.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
m1000