The HTC One Max is pretty cool!

joshwithachance

Oct 4, 2011
Visit site
It's definitely one of those devices you have to have in your own possession for a few days to really "get it" and enjoy it. Right now I'm actually enjoying it more than my Note 3. I got it on Thursday, and am giving it a full week before I decide which device I'm going to keep. Things I love over the Note 3 are the audio (obviously), wide angle front camera lens (which is PHENOMENAL as a video blogger/YouTuber), battery life (at least a few extra hours of heavy usage, a noticeable difference actually), build materials & quality, and I think the screen is better looking thanks to being LCD and more accurate when it comes to displaying colors (opinion will vary though).

Last edited by a moderator:

oliviajohn30

Feb 26, 2014
Visit site
Re: The One Max is pretty cool!

Yes for sure it is because of the following reasons:

The largest smartphone from HTC is ready to take on the mega-sized competition.

At 5.9" and a full HD screen, it is the first HTC device without Beats Audio.
The fingerprint scanner at the back adds an interesting dimension.

\

quadtronix

Aug 23, 2012
Visit site
Got mine on Friday last week... Loving it!! Was thinking about the Note 3 but glad I went with this... Battery life is very important to me. Also I never would have used the S Pen so I'd rather have the larger screen. So far I'm really, REALLY happy with this device! 1080p, Snapdragon 600 quad core, great build quality... What's not to love?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

wizzrah

Retired Ambassador
Jul 27, 2013
Visit site
Got mine on Friday last week... Loving it!! Was thinking about the Note 3 but glad I went with this... Battery life is very important to me. Also I never would have used the S Pen so I'd rather have the larger screen. So far I'm really, REALLY happy with this device! 1080p, Snapdragon 600 quad core, great build quality... What's not to love?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

No SD Card Slot :)

Sent from my AT&T One X running CodefireX ROM Android Version 4.4.

ffejjj

May 14, 2012
Visit site
I think initially the Max caught some bad juju because it wasn't a huge jump from the One. The buzz was that the Max would be to the One what the Note is to the Galaxy S. People were assuming we'd see a nice jump in spec's when in reality it was kinda just a bigger One (Not a bad thing either)

dpham00

Moderator Team VP
Apr 23, 2011
Visit site
Not only that but the one max is something like 30% heavier than the note 3.

dpham00, Android Central Moderator
Sent from my Verizon Samsung Galaxy Note 3 via Tapatalk Pro

wizzrah

Retired Ambassador
Jul 27, 2013
Visit site

doublestack1

Jul 12, 2013
Visit site
Just switched to the One Maxx as my main device. Still a little uncomfortable in my front pocket but a nice upgrade from the Droid Maxx.

Things I like on the One Max:
  • Corporate email app more robust than the Droid Maxx
  • Love the screen real estate
  • Voice quality and speakphone are excellent
  • Responsive / no lag

And I love the camera compared to the Droid Maxx. Even though it is a lower resolution sensor, the images are sharper and have better color

wizzrah

Retired Ambassador
Jul 27, 2013
Visit site
Just switched to the One Maxx as my main device. Still a little uncomfortable in my front pocket but a nice upgrade from the Droid Maxx.

Things I like on the One Max:
  • Corporate email app more robust than the Droid Maxx
  • Love the screen real estate
  • Voice quality and speakphone are excellent
  • Responsive / no lag

And I love the camera compared to the Droid Maxx. Even though it is a lower resolution sensor, the images are sharper and have better color

Nice, glad you like it.

Sent from my AT&T One X running CodefireX ROM Android Version 4.4.

IamMoyMoy

Nov 24, 2011
Visit site
Purchased one yesterday and already loving it. Just need to figure out how to access my recent used apps.

Posted via Android Central App

Boomerang503

Apr 7, 2010
Visit site
I have had my one max since January and love every minute that I use it. It is a bit much for pocket carry, and not too many good cases out for it, but a great phone. It's the 3rd HTC phone I've owned, and one of the best since the og droid incredible. ( The last HTC phone I owned)

Posted via Android Central App

shanghaichica

Aug 17, 2013
Visit site
It is. I saw my first max in the wild last week. I got big phone envy for a second as it's bigger than my note 3. Lol

Posted from my galaxy note 3

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Laila Nance