How do I turn on my HTC One Max if the power button is broken?

ThaBlazar

Nov 3, 2014
Visit site
HTC One Max wont turn on! power button broken

i have an htc one max and my power button is broken, it has 0 response or feedback the last few days. at first it was stuck with the power down options continuously popping up, but not its just completely unresponsive, the button itself isnt broken but their is just no feedback at all, i had to even get an app so i can unlock and lock my device. and my phone died and i had it on the charger for a few hours and nothing still a black screen..dead. so i connect it to my computer and it just keeps connecting and disconnecting before it can even install the software to recognize it. Any ideas? need help

srkmagnus

Retired Moderator
May 23, 2010
Visit site
Re: HTC One Max wont turn on! power button broken

If the device is off, and power button is broken, there is nothing you can aside from sending for repair or a replacement. If it's somewhat working, then you can remap the power button if you are rooted.

Effectiveness

Sep 11, 2015
Visit site
My power button became unresponsive on my HTC One Max and I didn't know if it was software related or physically defective. Turns out it was neither. I was tempted to take the phone apart to determine the problem, because the HTC One Max is a "BADASS!" phone. Why they stopped making it, I will never know.

The Issue: There must be some random dirt that clogs miniature contacts on the inside of the power button. Continuous clicking with a lot of pressure doesn't turn the phone on.

My Concern: I wasn't about to take the phone apart and trying to wash or break up the dirt with a solution when the battery cannot be removed worried me.

The Fix: I said screw it and poured small amounts of alcohol into the power button while pressing it.

The Conclusion: Now it turns on so easy and I don't have to replace my phone. Very cool. I wish I knew to do this before I beat the crap out of it in frustration. Do the opposite of me, be gentle.

**Try at your own risk, I don't normally recommend pouring alcohol into a device that has power.

Gale Lam

Dec 29, 2017
Visit site
Re: HTC One Max wont turn on! power button broken

It is pretty easy to solve by yourself. If you still have it. There are 4 pins and the only thing you need to do to wake it up is connecting the power button pin to the common pin. It's still your own risk but I would say it is very low.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coehlcke