I dropped my HTC 1 mini 2 in the bath.is it doomed?

A

AC Question

I dropped my HTC 1 mini 2 in the bath..

I removed it from the water almost straight away, and wrapped it in a towel. It worked for about a minute, and was saying that headphones were plugged in, and the brightness of the screen kept alternating. Also, the speakers sounded blotted and unclear. I've tried to charge it and it will not charge, so now it is sat in a bowl of rice and keeps turning itself on, vibrating, then staying on the "HTC" screen, then turning itself off again. The furthest it has gotten from there is to the network provider being O2 showing up, then turning off again. It will not turn on by hand, and will not reset when holding the power and the volume button. Is there anything I can do or is this the end of my phone?

anon8380037

Dec 25, 2013
Visit site
Re: I dropped my HTC 1 mini 2 in the bath..

Unfortunately this general knowledge is not out there that you can only seriously compound water ingress by ever turning the device on until it has dried over a few days the correct way.
Sorry to hear of your mishap.

You might try immersing it in high percentage Isopropyl Alcohol, with the sim and sd cards out and battery removed if it has that feature.

It's the impurities in the water that cause the damage.

See this guide :
http://forums.androidcentral.com/showthread.php?t=477140