Weird issue with very large .thumbnails files on my HTC One Mini 2, what is going on?

spirosbomberkl

Oct 12, 2014
Visit site
weird issue with very large .thumbnails files in htc one mini 2

I have an weird issue with my HTC one mini 2. I have two very large files in my DCIM/.thumbnails folder. I have encountered this problem before in other devices, and my understanding is that the files can be deleted and the space freed, but they will then be recreated. However, when I delete the files in my phone, they disappear, but the space is not freed. They are eventually recreated. What is even weirder is that:

the total available internal storage of my phone is 10.83 GBs

the total size of all files excluding the 2 .thumbnails files(hidden files included) is 5.02 GBs

The total used space is reported to be 10.10 GBs

But the 2 .thumbnails files are reported to be 10.77 GBs!( one is 5.36 and the other 5.41)

all the numbers are provided by ES file explorer, some checked through Windows. I have also tryed deleting the files using rm in terminal emulator, but the space issues remain.

What is going on with my phone?

Luciano Camillo

Nov 13, 2018
Visit site
Re: weird issue with very large .thumbnails files in htc one mini 2

I had the same problem on my cell phone, and I could not find it yet. Were you able to solve the problem in any way?
thankful
Luciano

I have an weird issue with my HTC one mini 2. I have two very large files in my DCIM/.thumbnails folder. I have encountered this problem before in other devices, and my understanding is that the files can be deleted and the space freed, but they will then be recreated. However, when I delete the files in my phone, they disappear, but the space is not freed. They are eventually recreated. What is even weirder is that:

the total available internal storage of my phone is 10.83 GBs

the total size of all files excluding the 2 .thumbnails files(hidden files included) is 5.02 GBs

The total used space is reported to be 10.10 GBs

But the 2 .thumbnails files are reported to be 10.77 GBs!( one is 5.36 and the other 5.41)

all the numbers are provided by ES file explorer, some checked through Windows. I have also tryed deleting the files using rm in terminal emulator, but the space issues remain.

What is going on with my phone?

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
newprvn