HTC One Mini - Mac user setup?

AlpineAddict

Dec 3, 2013
Visit site
Hi guys

Ok? Massive Apple user alert!!!! Have iMac/Macbook/iPhone, and have done for years? Am tempted now to sack the iPhone off as I am just so bored of them, and they never seem to change? So, The HTC One Mini is potentially my phone of choice? However, the one thing that is keeping me from taking the plunge is the usability of an Android device, with a Mac setup?

The last thing I want to happen is to regret signing into a lengthy contract, only to regret it 1 week in because everything, that used to 'just sync and work' is all of a sudden a hassle?

So my question is, can anyone recommend a perfect setup for me to sync my iTunes (as it is does now, with no screw ups), iCloud mail, safari bookmarks, contacts, iCal, and my other email (Gmail etc.)

I have read about a few things but there seems to be so many issues with everything? Is there not one app that can sync things? I have read nothing good about the sync manager that is supposed to do it all?

On another note, what OS does the HTC One use? Is it the google one?

I have never used an Android device in my life so this is all very new to me? Please be gentle :) Thx in advance folks...

Jan 17, 2014
Visit site
Hi guys

Ok? Massive Apple user alert!!!! Have iMac/Macbook/iPhone, and have done for years? Am tempted now to sack the iPhone off as I am just so bored of them, and they never seem to change? So, The HTC One Mini is potentially my phone of choice? However, the one thing that is keeping me from taking the plunge is the usability of an Android device, with a Mac setup?

The last thing I want to happen is to regret signing into a lengthy contract, only to regret it 1 week in because everything, that used to 'just sync and work' is all of a sudden a hassle?

So my question is, can anyone recommend a perfect setup for me to sync my iTunes (as it is does now, with no screw ups), iCloud mail, safari bookmarks, contacts, iCal, and my other email (Gmail etc.)

I have read about a few things but there seems to be so many issues with everything? Is there not one app that can sync things? I have read nothing good about the sync manager that is supposed to do it all?

On another note, what OS does the HTC One use? Is it the google one?

I have never used an Android device in my life so this is all very new to me? Please be gentle :) Thx in advance folks...

DO NOT BUY IT AND STICK WITH APPLE

Same as you I'm a mac user all round(iMac MacBook and untill recently I had an iPhone 4s), somehow people who say "apple is just for hipsters and isn't really better than android" convinced me to buy the HTC one mini (the HTC hardware is amazing though especially sound) but I soon discovered that android is basically an entirely dysfunctional lump of stupidity.

I was in shock, horror, and disbelief that they actually dare to market this software.

For starters, you will never be able to smoothly sync with itunes, so be prepared to wait for 30 to 45 minutes to sync just 3 or 4 playlists, second the app you need to do that (HTC sync manager) works and ceases to work at random, when I connect to my iMac with a usb cable it automatically starts the sync manager (indicating it has detected my phone) but for no reason, it says "no phone connected" In the program itself.

This happens at random and can last for weeks at a time completely disabling you from transferring content between your computer and phone.

The software regularly refusus to redirect the sound signals from the internal speakers to the headphones output when you plug in your earphones (the phone is only 2 months old)

The worst thing above all is that the phone HAS NO SEARCH FUNCTION whatsoever and be prepared to download a file only to have that file get lost entirely without being able to find it in any way.

To this day there are numerous files that are wandering somewhere out there in the vast oceans of stupidity that Android is made of, and of course those permanently occupy storage space.

These are just a few examples of the dreadful inefficiency of android and I woulnt even wish this kind of horror on my worst enemy.

Not to even mention it's high vulnerability to viruses and malware/spyware.

From day one your experience will be a never ending slew of unexplainable seemingly random bugs glitches errors and problems that come and go without any indication why and you will find yourself clawing your eyes out within a week or so, weeping due to frustration while having to resist the unimaginably powerful urge to break the phone into a million pieces.

This is my first and last android purchase, as soon as my contract ends I'm getting another iPhone again.

Again I strongly urge you to stick with mac since it actually works and stands to reason.

Edit: yeah it's the Google one, includes the Google play store etc.

Last edited:

Mellfee

Nov 7, 2013
Visit site
Someone correct me if I'm wrong but apparently you need to go completely Google if you want a nice Android experience. ?.something I'd like to avoid (going Google, that is).

HTC sync manager on the mac sucks balls. It just doesn't work for me now. It doesn't even see updated playlists from my itunes, let alone sync them. I've always had a Blackberry but also always had Mac computers and the whole Google thing and now the sync manager is stopping me from making the switch from a Blackberry to the HTC, which is a shame because I really like the HTC one (mini). The constant updating it wants to do with all the Google apps and facebook etc are killing me.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Samira