Titanium Backup cant uninstall bloatware?

serpentxx

Nov 14, 2012
Visit site
Hey guys,

Im all new to this again since my last android phone was 4 years ago, but i have rooted and installed titanium backup without any issues.

I dont think im ready to go and install a custom rom just yet so right now im just seeing how much of my 16GB i can free up, starting by removing bloat apps.

I have tried to uninstall apps that ill never use such as Zdigital/Polaris Office/Twitter/FM Radio/All keyboards except English etc etc

The problem is they re-appear as soon as i have uninstalled them, leaving me to believe there is a specific HTC package re-installing them if removed.

Can someone please point me in the right direction to why i cannot permanently remove these bloat apps?

Thanks!

Last edited:

anon(847090)

Jul 8, 2012
Visit site
Hey guys,

Im all new to this again since my last android phone was 4 years ago, but i have rooted and installed titanium backup without any issues.

I dont think im ready to go and install a custom rom just yet so right now im just seeing how much of my 16GB i can free up, starting by removing bloat apps.

I have tried to install apps that ill never use such as Zdigital/Polaris Office/Twitter/FM Radio/All keyboards except English etc etc

The problem is they re-appear as soon as i have uninstalled them, leaving me to believe there is a specific HTC package re-installing them if removed.

Can someone please point me in the right direction to why i cannot permanently remove these bloat apps?

Thanks!

r they bloatware u try to uninstall

serpentxx

Nov 14, 2012
Visit site
I am unsure what you mean still?

They are apps that were pre-installed onto the mobile, and they cannot be uninstalled by normal means, and it appears that not even my rooted htc one mini with titanium backup can uninstall them.

EDIT: my mistake a small type-o i did not want to install them, i wanted to uninstall them

serpentxx

Nov 14, 2012
Visit site
Thanks, i have installed this one however it did not prompt me if i wanted to grant it superuser and keeps giving me a popup asking for root permission....

EDIT: i reinstalled it and the dialogue popped up, ill try deleting some bloat now

serpentxx

Nov 14, 2012
Visit site
KSMobile with Root access did not uninstall the bloat

Also Haalcyon, it has root access, yet titanium backup cannot uninstall the bloat, it just always keeps re-appearing after a reset.

Perhaps i should just look into the magio rom, this bloat seems stupidly persistent.

serpentxx

Nov 14, 2012
Visit site
Just for anyone curious, after more research it appears that its because being a "system app" it is write protected, and requires S-OFF or a custom rom to get rid of them

cilusk

Aug 8, 2016
Visit site
Hello, yes, bumping 3 years later.

I have rooted my phone (my recovery software is CWM) using superSU. Checked to see if rooted. It's rooted.
Trying to use Titanium Backup to uninstall bloatware on my roommate's HTC Desire 816.

I'm having this exact problem. Any tips?

PS: looks like I have S-ON in the boot menu. Help. I just wanna delete the bloatware. That's it.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Agentirish