HTC One Mini Dismounts OTG USB w/ MicroSD automatically as soon as it is mounted....

LifeInLaralay

Jan 31, 2014
Visit site
I've almost filled up my internal memory of my HTC One Mini (not rooted or anything) so I purchased the Meenova Mini MicroSD card reader to slot in my MicroSD. Well as soon as I slotted it in, I got "Preparing USB Storage" but then it immediately went to "USB Storage is safe to remove" and then "USB Storage Removed" and then it will continue to cycle through like this. I tried to mount it manually in settings, same thing. I checked ES File Explorer to see if it was just being a jerk, but alas, the card was not there.
So I tried reformatting the MicroSD on my computer - using the same card reader with an adapter - it works absolutely fine on the computer and I've tried it on both Mac and PC. Anyway, I reformatted it (FAT32) hoping it would solve the problem, but again the same thing happened. I turned the phone off and on again, I said please, I told it that it was pretty, I tried to bribe it with money. No luck.
So I tried googling the specific Reader, with the specific device, and basically found that, as far as I can see, I've done everything correctly and it should work. But it doesn't.
Help? :(

Edit:
I downloaded the OTG Troubleshooter to my phone,
It continuously flashes between these two screens when the reader is connected;
http://www.lukabeckett.co.uk/Files/pictures/Screenshot_2014-02-01-00-13-24.png
http://www.lukabeckett.co.uk/Files/pictures/Screenshot_2014-02-01-00-13-31.png

Last edited:

Wizardsden

Aug 11, 2013
Visit site
I have the exact same issue, though I think it might be carrier specific. When I connect any USB storage device to the OTG cable on my Verizon Galaxy S3, it immediately unmounts. Keyboard and mouse work fine. I can connect the same USB drive using the same adapter to my Wife's Cricket Galaxy S3, and it works perfectly. Both phones are running Android 4.3.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jokomad