HTC One Mini problems

Sh0Ti

Aug 26, 2014
Visit site
Hello,
8 months ago I bought HTC One mini and in the past few weeks I've had multiple problems:
First- Phone refuses to lock the screen - I have to press the power button like 3-4 times before it locks.
Second- Sometimes even when I have locked my phone the screen wakes up.
Third- Duo to the 2nd problem, the phone unlocks itself while its in my pocket and it starts opening stuff-2/3 of the times I found out that the phone is working when its supposed to be locked is coz it gets too hot (the phone). When I check why the phone is so hot..well there are literally 10 apps running the same time, not to mention it manages to make calls.
Fourth- Like literally when im on my PC and the phone is sitting next to my keyboard (Im watching it) - the screen wakes up, the phone unlocks itself and turns on the application CAR, then mobile data.
FIfth- My Pc can't read my phone. I no longer can put any data files from my pc to phone or the other way.
Sixth HUGE PROBLEM- Phone wont charge unless its powered off completely. Before this problem the phone was charging normaly - it needed only 2 hours to get from 0% to 100 %. Now even when i charge it for more than 12 hours it still wont hit more than 80%.
battery drains extremely fast. You can't really call it a phone right now because it has to be dead during nights in order to charge and I can have it only up for 5 hours in best case..

Tried searching internet about my last and most important problem...nothing works..please help.

TWC42

Aug 28, 2013
Visit site
Hello,
8 months ago I bought HTC One mini ...
New or used?
Check battery manager and see what's using the battery.
Have you installed any apps that were not from the Google Play Store? Delete them first.
GPS on? turn that off.
Clear open apps (double click home button, swipe all nine apps off the screen)
Delete any apps that you don't know what they are for, apps you never use (if you can),
Go to Google Play Store, under settings, select do not auto update apps.
If all else fails, factory reset.
If new, and none of the above works, call HTC, send it in for a replacement.

Sh0Ti

Aug 26, 2014
Visit site
New.
I already did factory reset.
Tho there has been a slight change ...phone battery has been at 50% for over 30 hours now ? (not complaining bout that one )

TWC42

Aug 28, 2013
Visit site
Alright, why i cant unnistall the app - Car?
If i can- how ?
The name "Car" by itself does not show up on Google Play Store. Could it be a rogue app?
Go to Settings, Apps, and see if it's on the downloaded list. If so, select it and hit uninstall.
If that doesn't work, try installing an antivirus app like Avira or Norton Security and see what happens when you run the AV app.
Good Luck

Sh0Ti

Aug 26, 2014
Visit site
Its a default app that comes with the phone..Therefore I dont have the option to unnistall it as such.
But this application is turning itself on and off without me being able to do anything to stop it, causing issues to the phone (In my opinion)...

Sh0Ti

Aug 26, 2014
Visit site
My PC can't recognize the USB, it says it malfunctioned...
At some point my phone starts charging normally (great right?) and then this app- CAR suddenly activates and charging stops- USB in Host mode?

Sh0Ti

Aug 26, 2014
Visit site
Phone is right now infront of me as I type this message. Screen locked- black.
Suddenly it turns on (I havent touched the phone) as if some app is trying to do something.
I leave the phone unlocked just to see what will happen-the said above app "CAR" does its own ****..
Some shots of the app. I need help to remove it from my phone.
Screenshot_2014-08-27-12-36-11.png
Screenshot_2014-08-27-12-36-48.png
Screenshot_2014-08-27-12-36-58.png