Bootload Loop Frustration

sabian1982

Sep 28, 2014
Visit site
A month or so ago I went to install the automatically downloaded HTC software update on my HTC One Mini; whether it was the update or something else (notably the phone hasn't been rooted or modified in anyway), the phone when restarted gets caught in a bootloader loop - I can navigate around the bootloader etc. however the features such as Factory Reset etc. simply don't work - ultimately I've been plagued with the problem ever since.

Annoyingly the bootloader loop lasts anywhere from a few hours to a day but eventually I'm able to get back into Android - strangely the issue doesn't seem to occur when shutting down the device, only when restarting it (although I did try to root the device this morning, managing to get to step 9 but not step 10 of the HTCDev unlock instructions guide).

I have tried a factory reset via the bootloader, a factory reset via the option in Android (which then needs to restart the phone and then puts the device back into the dreaded bootloader loop) but neither have been successful.

Any suggestions please as to how to fix the bootloader loop (I've not found anything conclusive online) or an alternate method of clearing everything off the phone and reinstalling the ROM from scratch in an attempt to resolve this problem.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Chelrie