HTC One mini battery drain and overheat, dead in <7 hours no use

Dystopatica

Feb 3, 2015
Visit site
My boyfriend has an HTC One mini which over the last four to five months has developed a terrible battery life and we are unable to figure out the cause. The phone can be left overnight starting from 100% and drain to completely dead in 7 hours while we sleep with no usage at all. I have installed GSam which identifies kernal and android operating system as the two biggest users of power by a considerable amount. During standby time the phone also becomes very hot, with temperatures recorded on GSam of 48 degrees. I have tried clearing the cache and a factory reset, both to no avail.

Interestingly we recently took the phone on holiday with us and none of these problems occurred, the phone lasted over three days on one charge and the temperature remained stable however as soon as we returned home it was awful again. The only difference I can think of is that during this time my boyfriend had mobile data switched off as he did not want to incur roaming charges. Our house is very well insulated and the cell signal inside is terrible, with calls very rarely connecting and texts frequently failing. I am wondering if android is constantly searching for a stronger signal (despite being connected to wifi when inside) and this is draining the battery. I own an HTC M8 and my signal is also terrible (the same carrier) however I do not have this problem.

Any suggestions, this phone is barely a year old and I cannot fathom at all what is causing such a rapid drain.

foomex

Feb 20, 2015
Visit site
Hi OP, did you found some fix for this?

I may be in the same situation, I switched from WP to Android with the HTC One Mini 2 last October, and it was all going great but this week battery life has been seriously a drag. I charge it only at night, and it gets the job done: from 8am to 11pm I'll lose around 60% with regular use (Whatsapp, Facebook).

Since this week, I notice that it's warm most of the time, and by 11am, battery is at 64% while on standby.
The only thing that has changed is that I drained my data plan last week and bought an extra 2GB module, but I don't think it has something to do.

I only hope this is not a 5-month thing, where the battery drastically changes it's lifespan.

Jody Lockyer

Oct 17, 2015
Visit site
I have exactly the same issue - after about 6 months of use - 2 days ago the battery just starting draining very quickly - it has been unplugged after charging over night for an hour with little use and below 80% already.

I have put on the suggested power saving modes as suggested elsewhere but has not helped

I have search various forums this morning and no one seems to have a solution

anyone?

With thanks

Jody

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nanran21