My HTC One Mini is in a bootloop, how can I get it out of it?

iddon

May 7, 2015
Visit site
htc one mini bootloop?!

my screen says this -
***locked***
M4_UL PVT SHIP S-ON RL
HBOOT-2.22.0000
OS-4.09.401.3
eMMC-boot 1024MB
Jun 24 2014, 15:21:25.0

FASTBOOT AC

<VOL UP> to previous item
<VOL DOWN> to next item
<POWER> to select item

BOOTLOADER
REBOOT
REBOOT BOOTLOADER
POWER DOWN

and it has options for
FASTBOOT
RECOVERY
FACTORY RESET
CLEAR STORAGE
SIM UNLOCK
CHECK SMARTSD
IMAGE CRC
SHOW BARCODE
but all of them just bring me back to the same bootloader page.
I bought the phone a while ago from someone else who must have put bootloader on there but I have no idea what it is or how to use it and I didn't deliberately open this page, it just appeared yesterday and I can't get rid of it.
I tried to unlock bootloader because I thought maybe nothing worked because it was locked but when I followed the instructions on htcdev.com it came up with this error message at the final stage,
'target reported max download size of 800227328 bytes error: cannot load 'Unlock_code.bin': No error'
Please help!!!!!

Rukbat

Retired Moderator
Feb 12, 2012
Visit site
Re: htc one mini bootloop?!

I bought the phone a while ago from someone else who must have put bootloader on there
All phones come with a bootloader. (Actually all computers made in the last 35 years do. That's the part of the firmware that starts the computer, or phone in this case, going. [We used to start with no code i the computer and have to toggle in a bootstrap loader (hence booloader) to load a slightly larger program that could, say, read from paper tape, so we could read in a larger, canned, startup program.])

Try Reboot. If that doesn't work, the operating system may be gone and you may have to reflash the ROM. (Someone else here will have to give you instructions for that, or you can look around in HTC One Mini - XDA Forums for links to ROMs, the software you need to flash an HTC and instructions. (And help, if you need it. Most of the people on XDA are more than willing to help a newcomer flash a phone.)

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cy3berOdyssey