So about two days ago out of nowhere, my cell phone began acting weird. The homescreen started swapping between the alternates with a single swap. The keypad is acting weird too. Sometimes when I receive a call, the touch cant be sensed and it leads to no action. Another example, in my whatsapp app, I can't seem to click on status but just above it is settings and when I click on settings, it opens but status -> nope. Similarly while texting, I cant click on the enter button on whatsapp if the keypad is still open. After I click back, the keypad closes and I click on enter, it works. Typically weird. Kinda freaking me out. Is the touch entirely gone? Or at some places? WHAT IS HAPPENING?
    05-15-2015 09:10 AM
    Welcome to Android Central! Does this persist after a reboot?
    05-16-2015 02:55 AM
    Yes. I restarted the phone the same moment it happened. It went to the reboot screen. I clicked on reboot again but it came back to the same screen twice. So I chose the option of reboot to earlier version. it finally loaded and ever since then the touch has been weird.
    05-17-2015 05:39 AM
    I'm not aware of an option to reboot to an earlier version. Is the phone rooted?
    05-17-2015 10:29 PM
    No, it isn't.
    05-18-2015 02:30 PM
    Where are you seeing the option to boot to an earlier version? The HBOOT screen?
    05-18-2015 02:32 PM
    05-20-2015 02:15 PM
    Hmm. Ok, can you try booting into Recovery again and wiping the cache partition? http://forums.androidcentral.com/htc...tc-one-m8.html
    05-20-2015 08:10 PM
    Okay. I tried the reboot stock recovery, it did not seem to work for me. As in, I first disabled fast boot and then did whatever this link states but nothing happened. The screen with cell image and a caution sign did appear but there were no options visible anywhere. So I let it go.and for this long, I did not have a password or pattern on my cell phone because nobody usually uses it other than me. And now, suddenly out of nowhere, I thought let me just put a password for a change. I put a pin on it and guess what? I couldn't get past the screen because IT JUST WON'T TYPE IN. So I tried the screen lock bypass but I figured that it won't be of any use if my touch won't work again. So I did a factory reset. And now, I downloaded whatsapp and some other applications. But I cannot even register my cell phone because it won't click on ok after inserting the contact number. Now my final question is, should I just take it to the HTC Centre who would most definitely rip me off and ask to replace the screen OR is there anything workable you'd want to suggest? Yup, really frustrated with nothing working out and losing all my data.
    Thanks.
    05-23-2015 04:07 PM
    I'm stumped. Not sure why you can't wipe the cache, and not sure why the touchscreen seems to intermittently or selectively work. It might be a hardware issue, or it could be a problem with the firmware. The only thing I can suggest now is to contact HTC.

One more thing--you don't have a screen dimming app installed, like Lux, do you? Those apps can sometimes render certain onscreen buttons inactive.
    05-23-2015 06:30 PM
    No, I don't have lux. Will take it to HTC tomorrow.
    Anyway, thank you!
    B. Diddy likes this.
    05-24-2015 10:24 AM