How can I stop overheating and my battery draining on my HTC ONE MINI?

A

AC Question

overheating and draining battery HTCmini1

My phone has , over the last month or so, begun to heat up while I'm not using it and drains the battery continually. I have made sure there were no apps running and have had to resort to turning the phone right off to retain any power. Recently I went to Lincolnshire for 2 days and it behaved beautifully - obviously enjoyed the countryside, reception was excellent there.
WHere I live, and where the phone overheats in North Derbyshire reception is poor -is this a factor in my problem. At the moment the phone is useless as a phone let alone using it for data and games as I have to keep it switched off to make sure I have enough power to make a call if necessary.

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Re: overheating and draining battery HTCmini1

Welcome to Android Central! Poor signal is a major factor in battery drain, because the phone is using more power to try to boost the signal. You may have to consider changing your carrier, if there are no plans for your current carrier to improve your local coverage.

Pablurix

Nov 16, 2015
Visit site

I don't know much about this, but the clean master (and also CM security) app really helped me extend my battery life and stop my phone from overheating

Posted via the Android Central App

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site

Your mileage may vary, but I avoid CM products. Too many posts on this forum and elsewhere of performance issues that arise with CM apps running, as well as adware. Clean Master and similar apps often try to save battery by doing things that are counterproductive on Android devices (like automatically closing apps out of RAM, which leads to apps automatically opening in RAM since that's what Android wants to do--this cycle leads to increased battery usage over time).