I have the Sprint version and unlocked my bootloader via HTC Dev site. I then rooted using methods outlined on XDA, but I am still using the stock ROM. I would like to update my ROM to the latest Sprint version since the button sensitivity issue is bugging me, but I also know that you should never use an OTA update once you are rooted. So, my questions are:

1) If I un-root my phone, can I then just run the OTA update and be fine? or
    2) Do i have to re-lock my bootloader first as well?
    3) If don't re-lock my bootloader, will it stay unlocked after the update?
    4) If do re-lock my bootlaoder and run the update, can i unlock it again using the HTC dev site?
    5) I assume that, as long as my bootloader is unlocked, I can re-root at any time. Is that true?

Thanks.

John
    05-23-2013 08:45 PM
    Easiest method is to find the new updated version in a rom. Go into recovery and flash the new rom. As always make sure you do a backup first just in case anything goes wrong.

Sent from my HTC One using Android Central Forums
    benny3 likes this.
    05-23-2013 10:06 PM
    As dragonsamus stated just flash the updated rom as there is no firmware update in the last package. Everything was fixed through software and the kernel
    05-24-2013 12:03 AM
    I have the Sprint version and unlocked my bootloader via HTC Dev site. I then rooted using methods outlined on XDA, but I am still using the stock ROM. I would like to update my ROM to the latest Sprint version since the button sensitivity issue is bugging me, but I also know that you should never use an OTA update once you are rooted. So, my questions are:

1) If I un-root my phone, can I then just run the OTA update and be fine? or
    2) Do i have to re-lock my bootloader first as well?
    3) If don't re-lock my bootloader, will it stay unlocked after the update?
    4) If do re-lock my bootlaoder and run the update, can i unlock it again using the HTC dev site?
    5) I assume that, as long as my bootloader is unlocked, I can re-root at any time. Is that true?

Thanks.

John
    1. Yes. A OTA update usually break root anyway, and a unlocked Boot loader does not affect the process.
    2. No. You don't have to relock it.
    3. Yes. boot loaders are never relocked after OTA Updates.
    4. Yes. But recommend you dont, as unlocking the Boot loader deletes all your data.
    5. Yes. You can root without a unlocked BL. Its for custom roms and recovery.

Sent from my MZ604 using Android Central Forums
    johngereau likes this.
    05-24-2013 05:34 AM