Flashed Android Revolution 10 last night

Kevin OQuinn

AC Team Emeritus
May 17, 2010
Visit site
I have to say, it's pretty awesome. I have had zero crashes, slow downs, or issues. For those that don't know, most (MOST) HTC One's can flash any ROM (sorry Sprint users, you're on your own) so we have quite a vibrant dev community behind us. Android Revolution is a port of the recently released update by HTC to the Android 4.2.2, but is still Sense 5. So what do you get when you combine Sense 5 with 4.2.2?

Expandable notifications. So much nicer with Play Music and Google+.

The quick settings in the notification shade. Don't need to explain this. It was much needed, and requested, and now we have it. I forgot how much I used them on my Nexus 4.

HTC added a few more tracks to the Highlight feature in the camera app. One is called Gotham. Yep, exactly like it sounds. This alone is worth flashing a ROM based on the latest update. :)

Here's the XDA thread for the ROM.

I'll keep looking around and will update this post if I notice anything else. I'm sure there's more, but I'm not one to go around and search for changes.

scorpiodsu

Jul 12, 2010
Visit site
I have to say, it's pretty awesome. I have had zero crashes, slow downs, or issues. For those that don't know, most (MOST) HTC One's can flash any ROM (sorry Sprint users, you're on your own) so we have quite a vibrant dev community behind us. Android Revolution is a port of the recently released update by HTC to the Android 4.2.2, but is still Sense 5. So what do you get when you combine Sense 5 with 4.2.2?

The quick settings in the notification shade. Don't need to explain this. It was much needed, and requested, and now we have it. I forgot how much I used them on my Nexus 4.

HTC added a few more tracks to the Highlight feature in the camera app. One is called Gotham. Yep, exactly like it sounds. This alone is worth flashing a ROM based on the latest update. :)

I'll keep looking around and will update this post if I notice anything else. I'm sure there's more, but I'm not one to go around and search for changes.

What carrier are you on? I'm on att and some of those ROMs always had some sort of bugs for US networks. If it's all good I may give it a try tonight.

Sent from my HTC One using Android Central Forums

pergerson6

Feb 7, 2011
Visit site
That Rom had Sprint support on 9.4! Flashing that Rom bootlooped my phone. Most of the international roms have recently had sprint side support until 4.2.2 was released.

Sent from my HTCONE using Tapatalk 2

Kevin OQuinn

AC Team Emeritus
May 17, 2010
Visit site
What carrier are you on? I'm on att and some of those ROMs always had some sort of bugs for US networks. If it's all good I may give it a try tonight.

I'm on AT&T.

Of course, as luck would have it, right after I posted this I did a CWM backup, and upon reboot got a UID error message. I didn't read the thread, though, and they said you MIGHT have issues if you don't wipe the SD card. So I don't necessarily blame my issue on the ROM (but the OP doesn't state this anywhere, either, that I saw).

eyesopen1111

May 28, 2013
Visit site
I've been on the ARHD 10.0 ROM since Saturday and it's been great. It flashed without incident with me, though I did use a full wipe in TWRP and also wiped in AROMA while flashing.

The base-level update from 4.1.2 to 4.2.2 did cause some people issues due to the changed file structure, but moving media manually into the proper folder with a good file manager fixes all. See thread for details.

To me, the major drawback is that custom kernels for 4.2.2 are just now coming out, so if you upgrade the ROM, you may have to wait a minute before kernel benefits like S2W, DT2W, and others are ready on the new ROM. :(

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk 4 Beta

pergerson6

Feb 7, 2011
Visit site
I think the main issue is the aroma installer. Viperboy on sprint stated that aroma was unstable at times and would cause issues from time to time. I've only been successful 50% of the time on installs.

Sent from my HTCONE using Tapatalk 2

scorpiodsu

Jul 12, 2010
Visit site
I'm on AT&T.

Of course, as luck would have it, right after I posted this I did a CWM backup, and upon reboot got a UID error message. I didn't read the thread, though, and they said you MIGHT have issues if you don't wipe the SD card. So I don't necessarily blame my issue on the ROM (but the OP doesn't state this anywhere, either, that I saw).

I flashed it and I had a problem with storage. Before install I had my music, pics, vids and apps and had 16gb free. I did a clean install so I wiped all data. No pics, music, vids or apps left on the phone and 11gb free. I was life WTF!!? I looked through the files on the computer and couldnt find what the issue was so I flashed back to my other ROM until I have some more time to read through the thread and play around with the phone.

UPDATE: So I browsed through a couple threads and others have mentioned it as well. When I looked through my folder contents via Root explorer it showed 3 storage partitions..... SDCARD0, 0 and legacy (within SDCARD0). They all contain the same folders so I thought it was duplicated, which was mentioned over at XDA. But here's the kicker, if I delete a folder in 1 of the partitions, it deletes in all 3 indicating that it's not duplicated. So I'm not sure what the heck that is. I restored my previous ROM and got my 16GB back LOL.

UPDATE #2: So it appears the storage issue is a result of the file structure in 4.2.2. Users have reported hit and miss of recovery moving the files to 1 folder. In other cases, it keeps the old files and then adds the new files to another folder. So the way to fix it is to do a full wipe in recovery before flashing and files should consolidate and no more dups. Again, several have reported this hasn't worked for all. Or the other way is to go into your file manager app and manually delete the folders from the old. I'll play around with it later to see if I can get my space back with the new ROM. I may wait until 10.1 comes out as it should be very soon.

Last edited:

flayzeraynx

May 6, 2013
Visit site
I flashed it and I had a problem with storage. Before install I had my music, pics, vids and apps and had 16gb free. I did a clean install so I wiped all data. No pics, music, vids or apps left on the phone and 11gb free. I was life WTF!!? I looked through the files on the computer and couldnt find what the issue was so I flashed back to my other ROM until I have some more time to read through the thread and play around with the phone.

UPDATE: So I browsed through a couple threads and others have mentioned it as well. When I looked through my folder contents via Root explorer it showed 3 storage partitions..... SDCARD0, 0 and legacy (within SDCARD0). They all contain the same folders so I thought it was duplicated, which was mentioned over at XDA. But here's the kicker, if I delete a folder in 1 of the partitions, it deletes in all 3 indicating that it's not duplicated. So I'm not sure what the heck that is. I restored my previous ROM and got my 16GB back LOL.

UPDATE #2: So it appears the storage issue is a result of the file structure in 4.2.2. Users have reported hit and miss of recovery moving the files to 1 folder. In other cases, it keeps the old files and then adds the new files to another folder. So the way to fix it is to do a full wipe in recovery before flashing and files should consolidate and no more dups. Again, several have reported this hasn't worked for all. Or the other way is to go into your file manager app and manually delete the folders from the old. I'll play around with it later to see if I can get my space back with the new ROM. I may wait until 10.1 comes out as it should be very soon.

so thats why i have 18gb lost in my 32gb after i upgrade to AR10.0....

flayzeraynx

May 6, 2013
Visit site
and btw, has anyone able to install any .apk files? when i try that, i can select CANCEL only, i can NOT hit install button somehow.. and i can't find developer settings as well under settings menu, which i can enable 2d GPU for facebook.. on previous versions of his rom, i was able to see that under settings menu

scorpiodsu

Jul 12, 2010
Visit site
and btw, has anyone able to install any .apk files? when i try that, i can select CANCEL only, i can NOT hit install button somehow.. and i can't find developer settings as well under settings menu, which i can enable 2d GPU for facebook.. on previous versions of his rom, i was able to see that under settings menu

Developer options have been hidden in 4.2. To show:

Settings>about>software info>more>tap build number 7 times. It will let you know "you are now a developer" and then you'll see it back in settings.

scorpiodsu

Jul 12, 2010
Visit site
so thats why i have 18gb lost in my 32gb after i upgrade to AR10.0....

Yup. I saw the storage and was like whoa whoa whoa WHOA! So apparently, if install is done a certain way the recovery will create the new file structure and put all the system files there in addition to leaving the existing file structure from the 4.1.2 build. Plain dumb but that's what it is right now. SDCARD/0 is your new folder location.

chrjt74001

Mar 23, 2013
Visit site

The last time I flashed cm 10.1 nightly I wasn't to impressed with LTE quality and camera support.. I swear my camera quality degrated to the same as my n4 which was fuzzy looking compared to stock sense 5, 4.1.2 camera software ..

Is this particular build basically the update we are supposed to be getting from AT&T sense 5 with 4.2.2 built around it basically..?? That would make sense keeping beats audio, camera..ect and certain other features of top quality.. which I also heard Google edition might lack a few of..

flayzeraynx

May 6, 2013
Visit site
Developer options have been hidden in 4.2. To show:

Settings>about>software info>more>tap build number 7 times. It will let you know "you are now a developer" and then you'll see it back in settings.

holy s***t... first i thought you were kidding me.. its like an easter egg.. haha :) thank you very much!

flayzeraynx

May 6, 2013
Visit site
by the way, they released ARHD 10.1.. i hope they fixed some issues already...
and since i am blocked in the office for xda-developers, i need a volunteer to copy-paste the change log to here... :D

Brandon Neer

Apr 6, 2013
Visit site
Does anyone know if this ROM has the supposed "New Support for group messaging via MMS" that android was talking about. Supposed to function more like imessage and less like crap. :D

j7469

Nov 17, 2009
Visit site
Anyone have good luck flashing Android Revolution to their AT&T Htc One? If so, what if anything needs to be done. I want to do this but never flashed a rom before, just switched from iPhone.

Thanks

Brandon Neer

Apr 6, 2013
Visit site

akk60

May 5, 2013
Visit site
One nice feature of the revolution 10.2 is that you can unlock by hitting the volume button. But one feature that I want is to be able to navigate through tracks with the volume buttons, but I can't find a working mod for that, so any help would be appreciated.

Posted from my HTC one via Android Central App

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kerokekerol