wiping data when flashing roms

mchockeyvette27

Jun 15, 2011
Visit site
Is there a "virtual SD card" or some kind of partitioned space that will not get deleted while fully wiping the phone before flashing? I'd like to use titanium backup for my app data if that won't get wiped.

Posted via Android Central App

pergerson6

Feb 7, 2011
Visit site
Is there a "virtual SD card" or some kind of partitioned space that will not get deleted while fully wiping the phone before flashing? I'd like to use titanium backup for my app data if that won't get wiped.

The sd card does not get erased during wipes. Superwipe,factory reset, erase cache, and dalvik and you should be fine.

Sent from my HTCONE using Tapatalk 2

jonathan2677

May 8, 2013
Visit site
Yeah I'm still trying to figure it all out myself I got so off and root access downloaded titanium pro but want to be safe before I flash anything this is my first time it took me weeks of research and nerves to get this far I'm being cautious

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk 4 Beta

benny3

Flashoholic!!
Sep 2, 2011
Visit site
Would this be able to work on the att variant? I would assume but I've done that before and screwed myself...

I would ask smw6180 before using it, if by chance the at&t model might use different partition blocks and if thats the case it will screw you up

Raptor007

Trusted Member
Apr 18, 2010
Visit site
Its been so long since I rooted an HTC device and while rooting it mostly the same there are differences. At least having the H1 Dev Edition makes life easier since I am unlocked I just need to root, super user, backup etc. Then flash the custom ROM.

pergerson6

Feb 7, 2011
Visit site
Its been so long since I rooted an HTC device and while rooting it mostly the same there are differences. At least having the H1 Dev Edition makes life easier since I am unlocked I just need to root, super user, backup etc. Then flash the custom ROM.

The process was almost identical to the 3D besides the jbear wire trick.

Sent from my HTCONE using Tapatalk 2

mchockeyvette27

Jun 15, 2011
Visit site
Lucky you!!...lol Its not good practice to use anything that isnt made just for your version

Yeah I usually don't do that ever. This just seemed too simple for it to mess anything up. I bet I did get lucky this time! Lol I'm gonna stop doing that though, you are right.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
zif835