HTC One Bricked, Any solutions?

Zeryan Nayrez

Jun 19, 2013
Visit site
When I bought my HTC One it already had a custom rom installed.
It was some stock android 4.2.1 nexus but with chinese interface and alot of chinese apps and recovery etc were all chinese.

So I couldn't do **** with this and tried to removing it and getting it back to stock HTC one rom.
After alot of tutorials online on xda and many others I couldn't find one that was easy enough for me to make it happen.
It was also my first time with a HTC. Never done it via fastboot/commandprompt etc.

I'd like to add that I am on a MAC aswell It took me a while to find a tutorial via mac but mine simply did not accept those commandlines which worked in the tutorials.

Afterwards I tried flashing it via recovery by installing from SDcard. Which is probably quite the stupid thing to do but I was angry and didn't know any other options since everything failed.

After It started installing stock rom from SD card it was stuck at a screen with "No command" A lying dead android with a red triangle above him and there was one line: Install /sdcard..

I was hoping he would install it but he didn't do anything and got stuck there.
I couldn't restart, couldn't get back to recovery, to anything nothing worked.

I waited untill battery life was drained.
Which happened and after batterylife ended and I put him back on a charger nothing happends.
Phone wont turn on whatsoever.

If I press the powerbutton the phone will vibrate and blink real quickly with a whitescreen and red notificationlight and then goes back to black screen and this goes on and on and phone won't start. Neither will I get into Bootloader / Logo screen or Recoverymode.

How ****ed am I ?
Can I get rid of this?
Can I still install that stock ROM that I so badly want?

Thanks

TarekElsakka

Oct 28, 2012
Visit site
It doesn't seem like you have a genuine HTC One, but rather a Chinese replica. The 'lying dead droid with a red triangle above him' doesn't actually exist on HTC devices, as far as I am aware. Can you take pictures of the box and the device? And post your IMEI and S/N? I am almost certain you were given a replica.

Zeryan Nayrez

Jun 19, 2013
Visit site
Well I dont have anything to take pictures with right now.
There was a sticker in inside the box with these codes:

IMEI: 354436053108658
S/N: HT338W901034
P/N: 99HTT151-00

Box, beatsaudio earphones, and the phone itself everything looks perfectly real tho.
About the chinese part this guy claimed he needed it for his study thats why he had added a custom ROM with chinese on it.
But then again, you might be very right if that icon did not exist on HTC's I am probably screwed.

TarekElsakka

Oct 28, 2012
Visit site
From what I understood from reading your post, it seems like your device is bricked, but I am not sure about this. Have you tried holding the power and volume down buttons while putting the device under direct light (like from a bulb) and making sure you're not covering the light sensors? If you can get into bootloader, that'll be a good step towards fixing your problem.

Zeryan Nayrez

Jun 19, 2013
Visit site
Thank you for your replies.
When I hold the power button and volume buttons (tried both) and also under a lightbulb all I get is a short vibration with a whitescreen quick blink and back to dead black.

scorpiodsu

Jul 12, 2010
Visit site
It can't hurt to try to run the RUU file for your carrier. But you'll need a windows computer for that. Link and tutorial below

AndroidFiles RUU
How to restore to stock, unbrick and unroot HTC One (M7) | AndroMods

You can also try this tool to boot you into bootloader or recovery as well. But again, you'll need a PC

[TOOL] HTC One (M7) All-In-One Toolkit V1.4 [6-16-2013] [PERM ROOT][Noob-Proof] - xda-developers

In the future be aware that you can always load the RUU that HTC provides to get your phone back to stock. Good luck.

benny3

Flashoholic!!
Sep 2, 2011
Visit site
It doesn't seem like you have a genuine HTC One, but rather a Chinese replica. The 'lying dead droid with a red triangle above him' doesn't actually exist on HTC devices, as far as I am aware. Can you take pictures of the box and the device? And post your IMEI and S/N? I am almost certain you were given a replica.
Thats what stock recovery does when ever anything fails Its almost sounds like samsung stock recovery.. I dont think he had a custom recovery.

benny3

Flashoholic!!
Sep 2, 2011
Visit site
@ Zeryan Nayrez Can you tell us what you tried to flash. A rom or a RUU ? and what commands did you use.What recovery were you using TWRP, CWM?

BlueGoldAce

Jan 24, 2011
Visit site
What about taking it to the sprint store? It may be a long shot, but a similar situation happened in the past to my buddy, and they replaced it for him. It wouldn't turn on or respond, so they just swapped it out. THe phone had been out for well over 6 months, and he bought it a few weeks before on ebay.

AngelArs

Nov 13, 2011
Visit site
Why not just go to HTC and install the OEM version again? I think I saw it at HTCDev. That Chinese interface must be driving you crazy :-*

Apex43

May 30, 2013
Visit site
Using ADB in OS X you need to put "./" before a command that you would usually type in on Windows. "./adb devices" for instance instead of "adb devices". Hope this helps a bit