Google play help

Gambino1ne

Jul 27, 2013
Visit site
Hello, how do I get rid of the modified version of Google store by celpus and have the stock play store. I'm unable to make updates to apps unless I reboot the device. And I'm blocked out from updating my Google play store. Please help.

Sent from my HTCONE using Tapatalk 4 Beta

Paul627g

AC Moderator All-Star
Nov 25, 2010
Visit site
Are you running a custom ROM? Either way the best thing to do would be install the version you have using Titanium Backup or other means and then download the latest GAPPS package and pull the Play Store app from there and load it onto the device.

Hopefully in the future you will support your developers and companies like Google and the official Google Play Store app instead of using hacked up apps. Just my opinion, but its something I firmly believe in to keep Android going strong.

Gambino1ne

Jul 27, 2013
Visit site
Yes I'm running the most current version of viper rom. My brother downloaded freedom and the hacked Google play store and now I'm stuck with it.

Gambino1ne

Jul 27, 2013
Visit site
So downloading GAPPS WILL fix it? Or is there a process from there? I'm using goo manager and I'm starting the download of gapps now.

Paul627g

AC Moderator All-Star
Nov 25, 2010
Visit site
One way you could attempt to fix this is..

1. Make a current Nandroid backup of your setup in your custom recovery.

2. "Dirty Flash" the Viper Rom over the top of your existing setup without wiping data. This SHOULD reset/return all apps that have been changed " including " Google Play Store to the original versions that were packed with the ROM.

3. If something goes wrong afterwards you can always restore your backup you made and then try manually removing the modded Play Store and sideloading an official version.

Gambino1ne

Jul 27, 2013
Visit site
Trust me Paul it was not me it was my Lil brother. I rather pay for thing instead of it messing up my phone

Paul627g

AC Moderator All-Star
Nov 25, 2010
Visit site
Trust me Paul it was not me it was my Lil brother. I rather pay for thing instead of it messing up my phone

No problem. I'm just a firm supporter of the developers, thats all. Sorry if it came off a bit strong handed.

Anyways let me know how things work out. Flashing the ROM again, or flashing the GAPPS package it should resolve your problem. I'm not familiar with the specifics of Viper ROM and if they use a separate GAPPS package.

srkmagnus

Retired Moderator
May 23, 2010
Visit site
I agree with Paul's recommendations to fix the issue. Dirty flashing will over right apps. If it doesn't, reinstall the ROM as you would for the first time (factory reset, etc). That should surely remove the app and reinstall the original one.

Sent from my SPH-D710 using Tapatalk 2

srkmagnus

Retired Moderator
May 23, 2010
Visit site
How would I side load the official version I'm pretty new to this

You need to extract the official file from another ROM then push to the device. Reflashing the ROM is the easiest way to go.

Sent from my SPH-D710 using Tapatalk 2

Gambino1ne

Jul 27, 2013
Visit site
Would I lose everything and have to pull all the pics and music from the phone to keep my stuff??

pergerson6

Feb 7, 2011
Visit site
Just download another Rom with the official Google play on it, and make sure you back it up before returning to the Rom you are using.

Gambino1ne

Jul 27, 2013
Visit site
Thank you all very much. I'm going factory reset and pull all my important stuff to my pc and ima duel run cm10 and viper rom and copy my important info on both roms and possibly sign back and forth depending on what Rom I wanna run. You'd were major help. Now I know why every one uses android central and xda developers

pergerson6

Feb 7, 2011
Visit site
Thank you all very much. I'm going factory reset and pull all my important stuff to my pc and ima duel run cm10 and viper rom and copy my important info on both roms and possibly sign back and forth depending on what Rom I wanna run. You'd were major help. Now I know why every one uses android central and xda developers

There always is someone to help someone on these forums. I've learned a lot from both forums.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
planeboy