HTC One Won't Boot Into TWRP Recovery

CMPunkSES

Aug 4, 2013
Visit site
Alright, so here is what has been going on. I've been attempting to root and install a custom ROM on my HTC One. Now after attempting to flash the TWRP recovery image to the device I am not able to enter recovery or factory reset. The system does attempt to enter and I receive the pink message at the top of the screen "Entering Recovery..." but then the system reboots and enters the stock OS. I was not able to actually root the device yet so what do I do? Thanks in advance for your help.

CMPunkSES

Aug 4, 2013
Visit site
I started off by doing an All In One Toolkit and that is where the problem started, also; I have a Sprint HTC One, that file is AT&T specific. I know I didn't specify, sorry.

Raptor007

Trusted Member
Apr 18, 2010
Visit site
If you can get the RUU for your carrier it may be best to restore back to factory status and start from the beginning. The issue with the Rooting apps is it doesn't make the user gain the knowledge and understanding of what they are doing, what they did or any screen info to post for help.

I have truly learned a lot from reading on xda-developers and here at AC. I would suggest reading a bit over at XDA on the sprint forums it may help guide you.

gvndeb60

Aug 3, 2010
Visit site
Just saw this. Should only need to clear you cache via ADB. Happens sometimes after flashing a ROM.

Posted via Android Central App

Glenn Connelly

Aug 4, 2013
Visit site
I've cleared the cache countless times, both before and after flashing with no luck. Anybody have any other suggestions? Any help would be greatly appreciated.

iBK_AO

Jun 2, 2013
Visit site
the TWRP mod version you are using probably isnt compatible with your phone, go to the xda dev site and look for the TWRP thats made for the htc one. that's what i use and it works fine or you can try the clockwork mod recovery it works with most devices.

dmmarck

Retired Moderator
Dec 28, 2011
Visit site
This is a known issue. Essentially, the recovery doesn't stick. What I did is ignore the cache wipes.

1. Reboot to HBOOT
  2. select FASTBOOT to get to FASTBOOT USB mode
  3. Make sure the device is in and you have fastboot on your machine
  4. fastboot flash the recovery image
  5. Immediately try to go into the recovery via the HBOOT menu
  6. If no dice, reboot the system and make sure "fast boot" is unchecked in the power options. It might be unrelated, but still: do it.
  7. Go back and try again, but after flashing recovery, reboot the bootloader and then immediately go to recovery.
  8. If successful, reboot system then reboot back into HBOOT and then to recovery to confirm.

My theory? Cache wipes aren't really needed for a recovery flash (different partitions, IIRC), and the "fast boot" option resets after a factory reset so it'll try to force the system reboot instead of the recovery reboot. Ignoring the wipes and ensuring "fast boot" is unchecked should help. It did for me.

Last edited:

uiuctodd

Aug 8, 2013
Visit site
Hello. I had the same issue. Two people on this thread suggested clearing the cache with ADB. However, it would appear that this is not an option without root privilege. (ADB will not let me into the /data dir). And I was flashing twrp in order to get root in the first place.

I solved the issue by repeating the flash process. First, I checked the md5 on the twrp and verified it was good. Then I used fastboot to clear the cache and reflash. The second time did not work. The third (or fourth) time gave me a good twrp. Phone rooted!

prasadnaidu66

Jun 11, 2013
Visit site
how u sloved it ...

same here.. not able to boot in to recovery..??

My phone HTC ONE M7 International and unlocked .. But S-ON ( hboot is 1.54)

My rom : Installed Insert coin latest base 4.3

Current i am using TWRP 2.6.1.0 and update through TWRP 2.6.3.0 through recovery and rebooted to recovery success

and i installed tbalden kernel 2.2.0-beta-2 Sense 4.3 previous i am using 2.2.0-beta-1 Sense 4.3 working fine after flashing beta 2 i am facing problem

Now my phone just constantly reboots itself, it gets to the HTC splash screen for less than a second, and then reboots again.

I am not able to enter custom recovery. when i am select recovery option from bootloader it showing entering to recovery struck and rebooting . so i am not able to flash anything

Even i install twrp and cwm and stock through fastboot .. and i flashed stock kernel alsothrough fastboot still i am not able to enter recovery and i tried relock and unlock. stili am facing small problem ..Not booting my phone and rebooting Any solution ??

itamar ben shalom

Dec 17, 2013
Visit site
Hey, Had the same issue, I flashed a non verified rom to my HTC ONE, and after first boot, it went to recovery, twrp 2.6.3.3 , blinked for a second and then stacked on htc boot screen, not boot loader.
The only way I managed to get out of it, after trying CM recovery- same phenomena, older versions of TWRP - same phenomena.
I then flashed TWRP 2.5.0.0, finaly my HTC ONE went to recovery, I then flashed VIPER latest ROM, and , still, I had to flash the BOOT.IMG through FASTBOOT, walla! phone is up and running.
Hope it help !

Itamar

reeson

Mar 6, 2014
Visit site
So has anyone come across a solution to this?.. my phone keeps stacking after beginning on either TWRP or Cyanogen Mod recovery then gets stuck on the HTC splash screen ... lmao...

dmmarck

Retired Moderator
Dec 28, 2011
Visit site
So has anyone come across a solution to this?.. my phone keeps stacking after beginning on either TWRP or Cyanogen Mod recovery then gets stuck on the HTC splash screen ... lmao...

Did you try my solution in this thread? Worked for me.

apexnine

Jan 13, 2011
Visit site
I'm having the same issues. Phone is S-On , Unlocked, HBOOT 1.55. I've tried flashing both Clockwork Mod and TWRP. Both only get as far as reading "entering recovery", hangs, then reboots to HTC logo screen.

I've tried all of the ideas above, yet to no avail. I'll been shearing,reading, and trying to find a work around this for hours now. Any help will be accepted.

Is there an alternative way to install a ROM without using Clockwork Mod or TWRP? If so, I could go back afterwards and root. All would be well then.

Thanks in advance.

[edit]I found my solution. Will report back with it later. :)

Last edited:

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
w8wca