I followed guides (this guide) to convert my HTC One Dev Edition --> Google Play Edition with OTAs.

This is what I did:
    - The phone was already unlocked.
    - I got S-OFF.
    - I verified that my MID was correct and changed my CID to match the Google Play Edition phone.
    - I installed TWRP Recovery and used it to wipe the phone.
    - I flashed the "Pre Rooted 4.3 RUU Zip"

The phone is running well with 4.3 now.

What I need help with:
    I don't plan on flashing ROMS in the future, I just want it to be a GPE with OTA updates.
    My understanding is that flashing the RUU also installs the GPE stock recovery (overwriting TWRP), and the stock recovery has to be there in order to get OTAs. Is this right?

When I enter the bootloader and choose recovery, I see this screen:

Is this normal?
    Does it mean that the correct stock recovery is in place, and that I should get OTAs in the future?
    Should I be worried that my Google Play Store has not updated to the latest version yet?
    08-07-2013 09:15 AM
    Yes, that's the stock recovery. Installing a RUU, as you said, installs the stock recovery and bootloader, meaning you'll be able to receive OTA updates as long as your MID and CID match and your GPE ROM is not rooted. In short, you're good to go.
    08-07-2013 09:36 AM
    Yes, that's the stock recovery. Installing a RUU, as you said, installs the stock recovery and bootloader, meaning you'll be able to receive OTA updates as long as your MID and CID match and your GPE ROM is not rooted. In short, you're good to go.
    I am rooted, which I used in order to get Titanium Backup working properly.

Is there a way to easily switch back and forth between Rooted and Not Rooted?
    08-07-2013 09:42 AM
    Not unless you made a Nandroid Backup of your stock, non-rooted ROM.
    08-07-2013 10:47 AM
    Not unless you made a Nandroid Backup of your stock, non-rooted ROM.
    I think I understand. I didn't make a nandroid.
    So if i want OTAs, I'll have to flash a non-rooted ROM and leave it non-rooted
    OR
    leave it rooted and, next time there's an update, manually flash the new update and restore my apps using titanium backup?

Which way would you recommend? I'm not really interested in flashing custom ROMS. I just want the stock ROM with the latest official updates.
    08-07-2013 11:00 AM
    I don't know about manually flashing updates and whether or not it'd work because I've never tried that before but it does seem like a good idea.

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk 4
    08-07-2013 11:18 AM
    I don't know about manually flashing updates and whether or not it'd work because I've never tried that before but it does seem like a good idea.

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk 4
    I meant manually flashing the new RUU, rather than just the update.
    It would be great, though, if I could download just an update (rather than the entire OS) and apply it to my existing install.
    08-07-2013 11:25 AM
    I converted using the 4.2 RUU, and forced the OTA within 24hrs. Worked flawlessly, then had to reroot and unlock after OTA. FYI - after the 4.3 OTA, the Token was changed, so had to do that whole process to unlock the bootloader again.

It's nice that OTA's work.
    08-08-2013 12:59 PM
    Where do I find the MID please?
    Cheers
    Mark

Posted via Android Central App
    08-09-2013 07:14 AM
    According to this conversion thread, all you need is the Google Play Edition's CID which is GOOGL001.

The RUU ZIP apparently supports the following MIDs:

modelid: PN0710000
    modelid: PN0711000
    modelid: PN0712000
    modelid: PN0713000
    modelid: PN0714000
    08-09-2013 07:52 AM
    Thanks Tarek

Posted via Android Central App
    08-09-2013 08:03 AM
    No problem, I hope OTA updates work for you.
    08-09-2013 08:09 AM
    I think I understand. I didn't make a nandroid.
    So if i want OTAs, I'll have to flash a non-rooted ROM and leave it non-rooted
    OR
    leave it rooted and, next time there's an update, manually flash the new update and restore my apps using titanium backup?

Which way would you recommend? I'm not really interested in flashing custom ROMS. I just want the stock ROM with the latest official updates.
    Being rooted won't prevent you from getting ota's. The ota checks your recovery. As long as you are on the ge recovery with the stock rom, you can still be rooted and still get the ota. If you take the ota while rooted you will lose root and will just need to re root once the ota is complete.

If you want to be able to use root apps like titanium, just flash a custom recovery like twrp, then root and put the stock recovery back. You will remain rooted but will still get ota updates but like I said, you will lose root and just have to redo the process after the ota.

I like having a custom recovery for nandroids and such so I just flash the stock recovery when it the ota is being released.

Sent from my HTC One using AC Forums mobile app
    08-09-2013 08:22 AM