Hey- I've been trying to root my AT&T HTC One Mini for the past couple weeks now. I unlocked the bootloader and flashed TWRP first, without a kit, but when I try to boot into recovery mode, it reboots with "Entering Recovery..." in pink letters over the HTC logo, but then the screen goes black and it boots the normal ROM. Since then I've tried to flash CWM and TWRP a few times in a row, i've cleared the cache at various points in the process. I've tried rebooting into recovery multiple times.
    I even thought about restoring to factory default and starting all the way over, but when i tried to do that, it tried to boot in recovery mode and failed again.
    I was wondering if there is anything i can do, or a place where i might have messed up? Or something I'm just not understanding?
    Any help would be awesome and if you need more information from me, just let me know.
    Thank you.
    09-22-2013 03:19 PM
    Have you been attempting this manually or using a toolkit to unlock/root/place custom recovery on the device?

Sent from my HTCONE using AC Forums mobile app
    09-22-2013 03:29 PM
    The first few times I flashed the custom recovery I tried TWRP & CWM and flashed manually. Since then I've tried re-flashing w/ CWM and TWRP using the tool-kit. I've also used the tool kit to try clearing the cache and booting directly into recovery mode.
    09-22-2013 03:37 PM
    Unless someone has a better suggestion you might be best grabbing the RUU and restoring back to stock and starting over. Do it while you still have the option before something worse happens.

Sent from my HTCONE using AC Forums mobile app
    09-22-2013 03:44 PM
    Ah thank you!
    i will give that a shot- although alternate solutions would still be appreciated, if people are having a similar problem
    09-22-2013 03:48 PM
    The first few times I flashed the custom recovery I tried TWRP & CWM and flashed manually. Since then I've tried re-flashing w/ CWM and TWRP using the tool-kit. I've also used the tool kit to try clearing the cache and booting directly into recovery mode.
    the toolkit might be booting you into recovery temporarily and not installing it. try this
    find a flashable su zip of choice and place it on your phones sdcard
    use the toolkit to boot you into recovery
    flash the su zip and reboot
    install Goomamanager from the playstore
    open GooManager and open the menu and from there choose install openrecoveryscript
    it will find the recovery for you model and install it
    when its done there is a option to boot into recovery right from the app. i hope this helps.
    let us know either way and we can go from there
    09-23-2013 07:22 AM
    hey- i finally got it-
    so i took your advice and tried to boot directly into the recovery, but i just tried it manually (so fastboot boot recovery.img)
    that froze my phone, haha- so i rebooted with the hardware buttons into bootloader mode and flashed the recovery.img from there and then booted into recovery and it worked- it really worked

i don't know if this will help anyone else- it seems so random what works for people and what doesnt, but the recovery seems to have stuck because ive booted into it a couple times since then

anyways, thanks for all the help

phew-

(i used this version of CWM [RECOVERY] ClockworkMod Recovery Touch 6.0.3.6 - xda-developers)
    09-23-2013 05:39 PM
    Can you please tell me how did you get you phone running again? I'm having the same problem that you had my phone won't reboot and it won't go to the recovery mode.
    01-07-2014 07:47 AM
    Can you please tell me how did you get you phone running again? I'm having the same problem that you had my phone won't reboot and it won't go to the recovery mode.
    What do you mean it wont reboot, What phone and carrier?
    01-07-2014 07:55 AM
    I was installing a custom ROM when the installation was done I went and press reboot system but the phone didn't reboot. I tried to go to the recovery mode it failed also, I have the HTC one sprint.
    01-07-2014 04:51 PM
    I was installing a custom ROM when the installation was done I went and press reboot system but the phone didn't reboot. I tried to go to the recovery mode it failed also, my phone carrier is Sprint.
    What rom did you install? And did you make a backup so if something like this happens you can restore it
    01-07-2014 07:37 PM
    I did backup the before I did the installation, I was trying to install the ViperOne ROM.
    01-07-2014 07:45 PM